This sound promising for cheaper e-biking

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
This one is based on history as well as current developement.
"Prices are falling significantly as time goes on; Navigant researcher Sam Jaffe compares the $180/kWh price that Tesla pays Panasonic now with the $1500/kWh price average cost only five to seven years ago."

Reactions: trex

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Cheaper batteries soon? The question is how soon is soon. There can be no doubt that the use of batteries is growing exponentially. The demand is insatiable. Lap tops, tablets, smart phones, torches, electric razors, ebikes, efags,more recharchable gadgets everyday, and of course ebikes. Whoever makes a breakthrough has a license to print money. It will happen.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Complete fantasy, the 50 times increase in e-car batteries etc by 2020 is ridiculous, as is their forecast of batteries soon being more cost effective to buy and use than mains supplies.

Only yesterday I was listening to some motor industry figures stating that petrol and diesel cars have a long and healthy future and that they will have no bother reaching 2020 anti-pollution targets with them. That agrees with my recent confident forecasts that we will still be driving ic cars for a number of decades yet and quite possibly for at least 50 years.

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
This one is based on history as well as current developement.
"Prices are falling significantly as time goes on..."
True but perhaps someone cleverer than I can show how the 'law of diminishing returns' applies to batteries and their shipping costs/restrictions.
Im looking forward to the 'Supercapacitors' we hear about, and if they can be shipped discharged, that may kill 2 birds with 1 stone! :)