Thought I'd best say hello. John South Yorkshire

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
I don't really know what to say but here goes.

I googled e-bike forums and this came up, I've been lurking for a few weeks and saw a freego wren in the classifieds.

Picked the bike up today for a 4 mile round trip daily commute and see how I get on.

Battery life wasn't a great concern due to the commute distance but I needed to buy something sturdy and local.

I'll give it a year or so before I use the cycle2work scheme to upgrade.

I don't think I'll be a great contributing member but I have a few questions so we will see.

All the best and looks a great forum. Thanks.

John doncaster dn6

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2018
Welcome to the forum John, I hope the Freego gives you good service and puts the usual e-bike smile on your face. :)
Thanks. I've already been out for a quick blast on it already. I used the actual words "this is so much fun" when telling my partner what it's like.

I then did a time trial to work and back and the two gradients I bought it for were no trouble.

I've removed the wicker basket from the front as I don't want to look like Jessica Fletcher from Murder she wrote.

I'm a class 1 arctic driver so I know I'll get some stick if the good natured abuse I got riding my folding bike is anything to go by.

Reactions: flecc

KEN OPENSHAW

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018

I googled e-bike forums and this came up, I've been lurking for a few weeks and saw a freego wren in the classifieds.

Picked the bike up today for a 4 mile round trip daily commute and see how I get on.

Battery life wasn't a great concern due to the commute distance but I needed to buy something sturdy and local.

I don't think I'll be a great contributing member but I have a few questions so we will see.

Hi

Hi John
Welcome.I’m a newbie myself,and yes all the pedelec forums are great ! I’ve had some great help and advice from members and manufacturers.I’m made up with my Wisper 905 Torque and the guys at Wisper are the most helpful and customer friendly I have ever come across,plus it’s a great uk built bike ,and without doubt value for money. Enjoy your ebikeing.
Ken