thoughts on this beast?

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
This is an off road only bike. With the extra weight and design of frame and suspension, there are much better bikes that are street legal. They are more expensive but can be used everywhere and are better designed and kitted out for off road extremes. I'd give it a three out of ten.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And if you have steep hills to tackle you could be very disappointed. It's a direct drive motor set up for speed, and that together with it only having six rider gears will compromise it's climb ability.

I agree with Emo Rider, there are better buys than this.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
thank you for the replies, what would be the closest to an eZee cadence?

doesn't seem to be many powerful cruisers knocking about

I should never have sold that beast, big mistake

D

Deleted member 4366

It's not my cup of tea, but to me, it looks pretty good value, if that's the sort of thing you want. I don't think it'll have too much trouble with hills with a 1000w motor at 48v, Flecc. It looks like a hefty controller under the cross-bar, so it should be at least 25 amps.. It will be fairly heavy, but looks nicely balanced, so that should help its high-speed stability. The only negative thing that I can see is the gearing. It looks like 44T/14T top gear, which means you won't be able to pedal at the speeds it's capable of.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
thank you for the replies, what would be the closest to an eZee cadence?

doesn't seem to be many powerful cruisers knocking about

I should never have sold that beast, big mistake
Well, the Juicybike below uses the same frame, 26" wheels and large section tyres as the Cadence so will ride similarly in true cruiser fashion. Worth investigating:

Juicybike Merlin Click

C

Cyclezee

The eZee Cadence may have a similar frame to the Juicy, but it is quite different in many respects.

Cadence_angle_green copy.jpg
Cadence_side_red copy.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The eZee Cadence may have a similar frame to the Juicy, but it is quite different in many respects.
Indeed, it was only the cruiser style ride quality that I was comparing for the requested similarity. The more powerful and front wheel motor is very different, as is the ancillary equipment.

The only e-bike that's really similar to an eZee Cadence is another Cadence.