Thumb Throttle Compatibility

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is a Wuxing design alternative to the circular models, although not fitted yet I have one came with a KT controller kit from elife bike.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

It's from Wuxing - been out a couple of years and gradually coming down in price. They work pretty well and are handed, so make sure you get the right side. They go under the handlebars and they have no joins on the top part, so very waterproof. The bearing and wire outlet are both on the bottom side, so water can't get in. They have the normal three wires so can be fitted to any controller.

• Informative
Reactions: awol and LeighPing

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
I've bought 6 or 7 of these thumb throttles, (link below), over the last 18 months and have always been very happy with them, (Same sort of price as the one you highlight). I like the two tone, (grey / black) design.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252036378828?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The 3 throttle wires are compatible with most, if not all, the cheap Chinese controllers I've been using, snapping in snugly to the sockets on the controller throttle connector.

On one occasion, on just one unit, I discovered that the throttle would stick on when triggered but I solved the problem by removing the top and loosening the screw that secures the trigger by quarter a turn.

They are cheap but perfectly OK.

I've added this comment simply because, in the past, other chinese thumb throttles I've purchased have worked backwards / delivered an opposing polarity so readers considering buying a cheap thumb throttle might be encouraged to learn that the one I have highlighted doesn't suffer this issue.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Got some Left-hand ones delivered pretty quick.
Fits good replacing the front gear changer shifter which I never use anyway for the thumb throttle and works ok.
IMG_20161230_122414.jpg

Advertisers