Thumb throttle wiring help

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
anyone here knows how to wire up a thumb throttle with battery indicator and key. I know the green, black & red are for throttle at controller, but on a throttle with key and battery indicator there are 2 more wires Blue and Yellow. I think the yellow goes to + side of battery but where do blue wire go

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
anyone here knows how to wire up a thumb throttle with battery indicator and key. I know the green, black & red are for throttle at controller, but on a throttle with key and battery indicator there are 2 more wires Blue and Yellow. I think the yellow goes to + side of battery but where do blue wire go
Yes, yellow to + battery and the blue wire will go to the switch wire on the controller.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yes, yellow to + battery and the blue wire will go to the switch wire on the controller.
but where is switch wire on the controller, as I don’t have to switch controller on. As it only works once battery is on and you press throttle.

or do you mean the ignition switch wire. As there is a orange wire from ignition switch going to a junction box then it goes to a thin red wire at controller image below. The orange wire marked in yellow goes to a thin red what goes to the controller
And the + wire near it in blue goes to black ground then to controller. So would it be that orange wire the blue is attached to

Attachments

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The thin red wire from the controller is the switch wire.

so I am correct then, as the orange wire on right comes from ignition key, which goes to that thin red on left same nut as orange which you say is switch wire.

so yellow wire on throttle will go to that nut where battery lead in white sleeve is on right, marked with a blue line, and the blue wire goes to that nut where orange and thin red wire is attached
thanks wheeliepete much appreciated

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Yellow wire goes to battery positive +, usually red, although your bike looks like it has been wired up by someone who is colour blind, so check with your meter.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Yellow wire goes to battery positive +, usually red, although your bike looks like it has been wired up by someone who is colour blind, so check with your meter.

I did a continuity test from L terminal on battery plug what goes to battery to that wire with white sleeve, and it did beep so its obviously live + wire. Yes like you said who ever wired it up must be colour blind, as under that wire in white sleeve is a black wire.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Not sure what L terminal is, I would advise testing for voltage between the thick red and black wires on the connector block in #3.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Not sure what L terminal is, I would advise testing for voltage between the thick red and black wires on the connector block in #3.

L=Live wire on battery plug

someone has suggested to change the battery lead plug and cable on moped which is a IEC type plug, with a ring connector other end to fit on junction box. to a male deans plug other end, what can then be plugged into the female deans connector on battery. But what size cable to I get

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Sorry, but I'm struggling to keep up with the endless number of threads and changes you are making. I will try to help you out where I can. I don't see the problem with the IEC connector setup you already have, but someone else obviously does.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sorry, but I'm struggling to keep up with the endless number of threads and changes you are making. I will try to help you out where I can. I don't see the problem with the IEC connector setup you already have, but someone else obviously does.
It was just what someone said on another forum. But I'm not changing all that now. as its been ok. other wise I will be on this moped too much LOL. all I have to do when new motor cable arrives is to solder the 5 sensor wires and 3 phase wires at motor end link rest to controller, and hopefully moped will be running again.