ticking noise in frame

brm

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Hello, Since a couple of weeks my bike developed a ticking noise in the frame. I hear it when i drive, even when not pedalling. It is only silent when driving straight on smooth surface.
I can make the noise by shaking the bike while breaking with the front wheel.
I made a litte video from it, it's on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suiznajdy9mf6ku/krakendefiets.mp4?dl=0

Somebody who recognizes the sound?

It's a bosch performance line, alu frame and suntour fork.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, Since a couple of weeks my bike developed a ticking noise in the frame. I hear it when i drive, even when not pedalling. It is only silent when driving straight on smooth surface.
I made a litte video from it, it's on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suiznajdy9mf6ku/krakendefiets.mp4?dl=0

There is a website/Forum with Bosch problems detailed, just search using your model of Bosch as an argument.
They apparently have nylon/plastic gears that give a lot of problems.
If you can easily drop the motor and gearbox off the bike, you might be able to find out which bit is rattling, though you must not open the Bosch bit or any possible guarantee is gone....
Thats all I know, I hope it helps.
Andy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sounds like the cables are rattling inside the down tube, try pulling on each cable and see if it still does it.

D

Deleted member 128

Could the noise be coming from your front suspension fork? It sounds more like a repeatable "click" from mechanical parts knocking against each other than a random "rattle" from a loose brake, gear or electrical cable. Try lifting the front wheel off the ground and shaking the bike - if the noise goes away it points to the front suspension fork.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From the way you are rocking the bike with the brake engaged it suggests headset bearing/s worn / loose or play in the forks, another thought could be from disc rotor play esp if it is a centre lock rotor.

Last edited:

Simon Suster

Just Joined
Oct 30, 2017
USA
I would second Nealh’s advice. Center lock rotors have a bit of play in them usually and tick when rocked back and forth. Loose headset could cause that too.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
How about your brake pads moving and tapping inside the caliper?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think Op should re-name the thread;
What's my noise or Name that noise !