Tonaro,simply the best

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Sorry i have been away so long i have had no time to write anything,
i have spent the best few weeks i have ever had ,in wales on the most amazing cycle path i have ever rode on,it goes on and on ,the sea crashes in as you take the lower path of the cycle track ,and the higher of the two paths if you dont want to get wet,i started my ride at prestatyn,and ended up at Landudno ,what a brilliant ride ,you do need a electric bike ,because of the strong winds,and wow they are strong,

What i did learn as i put my Tonaro Bighit through its paces is this is one hell of a Electric bike ,steady as a mountain goat ,strong as an ox ,no stopping this baby ,sheer poetry in motion, beleave you me ,no mountain too high for this one ,put her on full power ,and hold tight ,and enjoy the ride of your life,amazing ,any way got start packing again because im off back to wales again at the end of the this week ,very best wishes Brian xx

HittheroadJ

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2010
Northern Ireland, BT1
I'm glad you had such a good time. Can you say some more things about the Tonaro BigHit?

How is the crank drive?
How many miles on a charge?

Does this Big-Hitter really weigh a Ton-or-so?
cheers,

i have spent the best few weeks i have ever had ,in wales on the most amazing cycle path i have ever rode on,it goes on and on ,the sea crashes in as you take the lower path of the cycle track ,and the higher of the two paths if you dont want to get wet,i started my ride at prestatyn,and ended up at Landudno ,what a brilliant ride ,you do need a electric bike ,because of the strong winds,and wow they are strong,

What i did learn as i put my Tonaro Bighit through its paces is this is one hell of a Electric bike ,steady as a mountain goat ,strong as an ox ,no stopping this baby ,sheer poetry in motion, beleave you me ,no mountain too high for this one ,put her on full power ,and hold tight ,and enjoy the ride of your life,amazing ,any way got start packing again because im off back to wales again at the end of the this week ,very best wishes Brian xx

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
I'm glad you had such a good time. Can you say some more things about the Tonaro BigHit?

How is the crank drive?
How many miles on a charge?

Does this Big-Hitter really weigh a Ton-or-so? but
cheers,
Hi .its difficult to say what one would get to the charge ,i must have traveled a round trip of at least 60 miles from prestatyn to landudno ,but i did peddle a lot whilst the wind was behind me ,and the motor was turned off ,it is a heavy bike if you are going to be lifting it ,but i had no problem peddling it ,but again this was on the flat ,still i travelled 60 miles on one charge ,and if i can peddle it anyone can ,all i can say about the crank drive, is it sure gives it some grunt when you need it ,i am careful with my gears if i have it on full power ,because some time the motor is that quick it does not give the gears much time to slot in ,and you dont want them slipping with all power on the crank ,this may be a fault ,im not sure ,but i have learnt when not to be changing ,hope this helps ,very best wishes Brian.

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Great post. Don't leave is soooooo long next time! ... its a worry! ...

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi Al sorry lol i have been to and from wales that often in the last 6 weeks ,i havent had time turn around lol,and now im off again ,and im that excited about another week in wales on the Tonaro i cant sleep lol aint that just sad lol ,any ways its Abergele this time in my Romahome,which means i will be sleeping with my Tonaro untill i can book in to the camp site ,it must be love ,lol,best wishes Brian.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear

Hey Brian...great to see you back I have missed you and your lovely posts.....are we going to see any pics of your trip ?

Glad you had such a brill time...I am very envious, but its one on my list of must do's....
fantastic that you love your Tonaro so much
Have a great trip again !

Best wishes

Lynda

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hey Brian...great to see you back I have missed you and your lovely posts.....are we going to see any pics of your trip ?

Glad you had such a brill time...I am very envious, but its one on my list of must do's....
fantastic that you love your Tonaro so much
Have a great trip again !

Best wishes

Lynda
Hi Lynda ,hey i missed you too ,i thought about you whilst i was cruising along the cycle path at Talacre ,you would have loved it ,6 oclock in the morning ,a packed lunch in my back panniers ,and the warren as they call it which is where the Talacre cycle path begins ,and now i know why they call it the warren lol Rabbit Rabbit Rabbits every where .hundreds of them ,i had to watch i did not run over them lol
wonderful ,i had to pinch myself to make sure i wasnt dreaming ,and i thought i had seen all of wales ,hey and loads of female electric bikers ,up and down the cycle paths ,all wanting to exchange chit chat about there bikes ,you would love it .and you would go down very well with your humor lol best wishes Brian.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Brian......it looks really beautiful.
Where was the campsite again and how did you do the trip....was the site midway and you went different direction every day or what ?

If we get some nice weather in september I think I will be having a trip up there so interested to hear about the site....although I hate big sites and it looks rather large ?

Best wishes
Lynda

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi Brian......it looks really beautiful.
Where was the campsite again and how did you do the trip....was the site midway and you went different direction every day or what ?

If we get some nice weather in september I think I will be having a trip up there so interested to hear about the site....although I hate big sites and it looks rather large ?

Best wishes
Lynda
Hi Lynda ,
The site was called the Point of ayr which is in Talacre it self ,it is a family run beautiful quite site ,not too big ,i dont like busy sites ,so this was perfect ,not many kids ,no loud music ,if you go on the net ,you can see the site ,i managed to hire the beautiful static i stayed in ,from a lady called Lynda ,who owned the static and rented it out to pay for the ground fees ,i have her phone number ,and she is very cheap out of season,and the static is beautiful ,i spent two weeks there ,and loved it ,folk must have thought it odd as my Romahome was parked in front of it as you can see on the pic, The cycle path joins the camp site ,,so only feet away from where the static is ,you are there on the cycle path lol there is only really one way to go ,and that takes you to landudno ,and not only are you on the cycle path ,you cut through Golf cources ,and theres a big sigh warning you about low flying golf balls lol and i kid you not ,then on through other campsites lol amazing ,but we have the right of way , i did this every day ,i loaded my food and insulin for my diabeetis and was gone all day lol stunning places to see ,it took me hours some days just to get a few miles ,because everyone wants to talk to you about the TONARO ,and you cant get away lol without being rude lol

I Did go on the road a little bit when i headed away from the landudno direction heading towards mostyn
where the fun ship is ,that is sad ,thats it, on the pic , i have added , there is a real sad story about this ship ,too complicated to write of ,but it is all on the net ,under fun ship Duke of Lancaster as it was called.
any way ,got to go ,falling asleep ,if you need any more details please let me know ,best wishes Brian.

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
The Tonaro Bighit is such an interesting bike...I would say unique at this price....anyone know where it is manufactured....the spec looks Chinese?.....is it quiet?
Dave
KudosCycles
Hi Dave ,yes it is chinese, and very quite and wonderful to ride ,very well made for the price ,and bit of a eye catcher ,really comfortable ,and the power to go with it ,the crank drive took a little getting used to ,best wishes Brian.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Tonaro Bighit is such an interesting bike...I would say unique at this price....anyone know where it is manufactured....the spec looks Chinese?.....is it quiet?
Dave
KudosCycles
Chinese made, but the system is a very close copy of the much earlier Yamaha system. It appears to use the identical motor to the Yamaha XP26 of 1999.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
flecc....it claims to be patented....I don't see anything unique?
Dave
Kudoscycles
It appeared when I looked into it that the claim is based on some detail of their bevel drive internals. Unfortunately they only release a crude diagramatic representation of that, no details to judge by.

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Nice one Brian but you should have got a mugshot in. I always carry a lightweight tripod, it adds a bit of interest.

I keep telling Jannie that the UK is too busy to tour on a bike.....thanks for proving me wrong...guess where I will be going next year??

Phils been in touch and told me someone else has bought a Tonaro in Denmark. I will have to start designing the Tonaro Owners Club DK badges.

Steve

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Tonaro. Simply good value?

Not to my taste. But if your enjoying it and it does the job you require and puts a smile on your face. I'm happy your enjoying it!

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Nice one Brian but you should have got a mugshot in. I always carry a lightweight tripod, it adds a bit of interest.

I keep telling Jannie that the UK is too busy to tour on a bike.....thanks for proving me wrong...guess where I will be going next year??

Phils been in touch and told me someone else has bought a Tonaro in Denmark. I will have to start designing the Tonaro Owners Club DK badges.

Steve
Hi Steve ,lol you sure would not want a mugshot of me ,the bikes much better looking ,hey owners club ,thats a good idea ,i would not mind a badge lol and proud to show it off .beautiful in the uk ,i hope your bikes ok,and say hi to your family ,best wishes Steve ,Brian.