Tongsheng TSDZ2 (or installation?) fault?

jewels

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2020
Fitted to a Giant NRS yesterday, it worked (laughed like a fool), rode 10 miles before loosing power, fiddled with sensor and it worked but nothing since - screen showing 1 bar of battery (battery indicator and charger say 'it's charged').

Please let me know of something I'm missing?

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
What voltage is the kit?

And what voltage is your battery reading?

A 36v battery should be approx 42v fully charged. A 48v battery should be approx 54v fully charged....

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Don't go by the charger. Measure the battery's voltage on its terminals with a meter to find out what state of charge it has.

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
..it's a 48V 12A Hailong, the controller says 1 bar still but the battery pack shows 4 green and 1 red ??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They are £5 on ebay.

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
ordered one now will pick up the other tomorrow, still can't figure why it did work then stop?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Now you need to measure where it connects to the motor before and during connection to see if it drops.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
54.5v is good.

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
Connection and current is fine through the first connection and up to the blue (plug-in) junction, next stop - into the motor.?

Attachments

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
So... I’ll need to remove motor, open it & check the power is getting where it should ??
thanks guys, I am a total electrical newbie (mechanics I can do, electricity is still manic to me though).

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'd go for the LCD connector next. One of the pins will have battery voltage on it. Be very careful mot to short any of the other pins when testing. use a sewing needle to get a contact with each hole until you find the battery voltage one.

I din't think it's a motor problem per se, but could be the controller. First task is to explain why the LCD is not showing the battery voltage.

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
..thank you. (Please bear in mind I’m a novice) I can check the ring of contacts with one end (with a needle as you suggest), where does the other meter prod go.? (not wanting to short anything.!)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
..thank you. (Please bear in mind I’m a novice) I can check the ring of contacts with one end (with a needle as you suggest), where does the other meter prod go.? (not wanting to short anything.!)
Any ground, which is the black battery wire and any joined to it. One of those holes is ground too, but it's safer to use the battery wire.

jewels

Sep 1, 2020
OK, so I've tested them all and each fluctuates so much that I couldn't tell which was which or even offer an approx figure for each :(

Related Articles

Advertisers