tonsheng tsdz2 fitted to orbea carpe

daniels

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2017
bristol, uk
hi all,
a month ago i spent ages trying to find evidence of anyone fitting a mid-drive motor to a orbea carpe hybrid bike and the only people i found was a company in australia.... anyway i spoke to them and they said it's reasonably straight forward so i thought i'd give it a go.
I had a carpe 20 hybrid - a nice light bike but only 9 gears.... i now have one with a tongsheng tsdz2 middrive (350w) and xh18 lcd control on the handlebars...
only used it a couple of times but love it... tops out at 20mph or so... but that's more than fast enough.
it's unlikely but if anyone wonders the same as me - is it possible - yes it is. and it's pretty straight forward.
i'll let you know how i get on later!!

dan

DouglasXK

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
Oxford
I’m doing the same but with an almost identical looking bike, Boardman hybrid comp!

i’ve installed a 750w 48v TSDZ2 into a Giant Cypress hybrid which is a not too heavy old bike which handles well, is comfortable to ride, but the V brakes aren’t up to the motor, hence the Boardman.

To improve the riding position and stability I’m replacing the 32c we both have with 700x38c and replacing the flat handlebars with a 50mm riser. The bike will end up like a comfy armchair but who cares! The ride position and height will be almost identical with the Giant.

I presume that these semi-competition bikes aren’t ideal for conversion to an e-bike which might be why there aren’t any about?

pancho

Just Joined
Feb 24, 2019
hi all,
a month ago i spent ages trying to find evidence of anyone fitting a mid-drive motor to a orbea carpe hybrid bike and the only people i found was a company in australia.... anyway i spoke to them and they said it's reasonably straight forward so i thought i'd give it a go.
I had a carpe 20 hybrid - a nice light bike but only 9 gears.... i now have one with a tongsheng tsdz2 middrive (350w) and xh18 lcd control on the handlebars...
only used it a couple of times but love it... tops out at 20mph or so... but that's more than fast enough.
it's unlikely but if anyone wonders the same as me - is it possible - yes it is. and it's pretty straight forward.
i'll let you know how i get on later!!

dan
Hey Daniels, would you mind sharing a picture of your Orbea with the TSDZ2 and battery installed? I have a Carpe 30 and I am debating whether to install that motor or just to buy a new ebike.

Cheers