Torque to Cadence sensor

MTB-Espana

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2021
Hi all,

I have a 12 month old Riverside E500 that has a torque sensor, which i need to change to a cadence sensor as joint injuries now make it too painful to use.

I spoke to Decathlon about the options to get this done, and they came back with this via email:

# I have gone over all the different ways to see if it is possible to change from a torque sensor to a cadence sensor. The good news is that I have found a way without having to change any of the big expensive parts.

You will need a new:
bottom bracket; part number 4279188
cadence sensor; part number 4263198
display; part number 4087731

The service for this will be:
bottom bracket change
cadence sensor change
display change
DKT drive update to 4.15
Total charge £280#

Im pretty good with the tools, so i could do the spanner bits myself if i could identify the parts on the web, but not so sure what the DKT drive update is?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what compatible parts are needed as Decathlon wont give anymore details except their on product code.

Cheers

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi all,

I have a 12 month old Riverside E500 that has a torque sensor, which i need to change to a cadence sensor as joint injuries now make it too painful to use.

I spoke to Decathlon about the options to get this done, and they came back with this via email:

# I have gone over all the different ways to see if it is possible to change from a torque sensor to a cadence sensor. The good news is that I have found a way without having to change any of the big expensive parts.

You will need a new:
bottom bracket; part number 4279188
cadence sensor; part number 4263198
display; part number 4087731

The service for this will be:
bottom bracket change
cadence sensor change
display change
DKT drive update to 4.15
Total charge £280#

Im pretty good with the tools, so i could do the spanner bits myself if i could identify the parts on the web, but not so sure what the DKT drive update is?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what compatible parts are needed as Decathlon wont give anymore details except their on product code.

Cheers
I don't have any specific knowledge of that make / model, but as it is a hub motor, it might be possible to treat it as a conversion, and replace the Decathlon controller and display with generic components, and a generic cadence sensor.

Only if the battery and motor are straightforward, of course.

The DKT part of the cost is probably a software upgrade, only possible for a dealer to do. I wonder if DKT stands for Decathlon KT as in KT controller?

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
The Decathlon Rockrider E-ST100 has a cadence sensor and the same electronics, DKT Drive update could be software related to the sensor?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
£280 probably isn't too outragious as they have to earn money, if one is handy then all the parts including a new controller is approx. £100. It sound like they can flash the controller with new firmware for cadence use.

First confirm with a pic the motor cable connector to make sure it is a compatible one.
Which controller type is used, a standalone or integrated one ?