Total Battery failure

Arsemyth

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2019
Hi, this afternoon I wheeled my Trek Powerfly 5 out of the garage to go for a nice ride in the sun, only to discover that the battery (Performance Line 500) is totally dead. I am not getting anything at all on the Purion display, and when I take the battery out of the frame and plug in the charger nothing happens, no lights, nothing. The charger is working. I have tried switching the battery on and off using the little switch next to the LED lights

I last used the bike about 5 days ago and as the battery was down to below 50% had left it charging in the garage.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any suggestions? The bike is still under warranty (just)

Rog

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, this afternoon I wheeled my Trek Powerfly 5 out of the garage to go for a nice ride in the sun, only to discover that the battery (Performance Line 500) is totally dead. I am not getting anything at all on the Purion display, and when I take the battery out of the frame and plug in the charger nothing happens, no lights, nothing. The charger is working. I have tried switching the battery on and off using the little switch next to the LED lights

I last used the bike about 5 days ago and as the battery was down to below 50% had left it charging in the garage.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any suggestions? The bike is still under warranty (just)

Rog
Take it back to the seller as fast as you can. Do not try and fix it yourself....
regards
Andy

Arsemyth

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 15, 2019
Take it back to the seller as fast as you can. Do not try and fix it yourself....
regards
Andy
Hi Andy,

I followed your advice (over a year ago now) and took the battery in to my local Trek dealer. As it was under 2 years old (just) I got a new battery under warranty... All sorted!

Thanks for your advice

Reactions: Nealh

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Andy,

I followed your advice (over a year ago now) and took the battery in to my local Trek dealer. As it was under 2 years old (just) I got a new battery under warranty... All sorted!

Thanks for your advice
I, and several others here, are most happy for you!
Thanks for letting us all know.
Regards
Andy