Tour de Presteigne 2012?

C

Cyclezee

Does anyone know if there will be a Tour this year?
Personally, I do hope there will be.
2011 was my first and although only there for the Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite only coming 3rd in the hill ride and not even placed in the fancy dress:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I'd like to go even if it means catching a train and cycling.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Yes, I'm rather hoping there will be one this year too.........

I cant see any reason why there wouldnt be......unless anyone knows different ?
Mind you, last time I looked on their site, there wasnt a date posted for this year yet......

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

I guess it comes down to the guys at OnBike who have done such an excellent job in the past hosting, organising and supporting the event.
No one can expect them to do it again without a guarantee that the trade and public will turn up in large numbers.
I was hoping it would become my annual pilgrimage, but so far, it looks like it might just be Scotty, Lynda and me:eek:

D

Deleted member 4366

and me. I'm hoping to cycle there this year. I hope I can find somewhere to charge my battery because it's a long way back.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
If there is one, maybe all members of this forum present should wear badges with their pseudonyms on so that it would be possible to match a few faces to names. Or would that breach of anonymity be considered a step too far?

C

Cyclezee

Hi Roger,

I did that last year. Shortly afterwards I changed my ID:eek:

It is a good idea, though it took me a while to get used to random strangers walking up to me saying "I know you".:confused:

Now the random strangers are friends and family:(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If there is one, maybe all members of this forum present should wear badges with their pseudonyms on so that it would be possible to match a few faces to names. Or would that breach of anonymity be considered a step too far?
I also did that at the New Milton e-bike show that Wisper organised back in Summer 2007, in my case just a self-adhesive "FLECC" label on my shirt pocket. Immediately got intros like John.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well, if there is a Presteigne this year I will wear my name so you will know who I am.....just dont throw things........ :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well, if there is a Presteigne this year I will wear my name so you will know who I am.....just dont throw things........ :D

We wouldn't dare, you might throw the Tonaro at us and that huge weight would really hurt! :p

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I haven't heard anything, it would be fun to go again especially as we missed last year. There is a good chance that there will also be a BEBA event within the London Green Fair in the summer. The event is to be held in Regent's Park London on the weekend of 9th and 10th of June. BEBA members will be discussing whether to support the event at our meeting this month.

All the best

David

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
It has been excellent the past three years that I've been. I hope it is on again this year - I'm intending go with family and friends as before. :)