Tredz

anda1961

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
north yorkshire
Anyone else had experience of Tredz I have found them to be complete waste of time when buying a bike from them. Bike came damaged informed them straight away. I was asked to take photo of the damage which was the cable to the rear hub completely severed during transit. I was then informed that I could take it to a local bike shop and I was authorised to spend £35 so Nice of them. I told them it was going to cost lot more than that and that I had no means to get bike to my nearest repair shop. So I told them I wanted to return it and have a new bike sent out seems fair enough to me. They said a courier would pick up the damaged bike then after they had checked it over they would be in touch. Sent back on the Thursday rand on the Friday afternoon told not arrived back yet so I rand again Monday afternoon told again it had not returned yet.
So I remembered an email I got with a reference number on it so I typed that into the tracking page of the courier Dhl Guess what it had arrived on the Friday. Now I can accept that maybe they would not have the information on the Friday but no excuse for the Monday.
So after I had been lied to and having to ring and email trying to get information I then informed them I wished to cancel I am still awaiting a reply to email I sent to ask for conformation as I had cancelled on the web chat they have. I rang the finance company to inform them but they said the cancelation would have to come from Tredz themselves.sjoY4c2NTEK3Y9l0XmC+Ow.jpg

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Only ever ordered parts from them. Two terrible experiences of being sent totally wrong and cheaper item and the second time it was damaged. Both a nightmare to get sorted out but we're in the end

However , they did also give a 20quid credit as compensation

Still, other than using the credit I won't bother ever again.

Online forums are full of folk complaing . Especially about ordering stuff that is marked as in stock and then having to wait weeks for delivery as it wasn't actually in stock at all

anda1961

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
north yorkshire
Only ever ordered parts from them. Two terrible experiences of being sent totally wrong and cheaper item and the second time it was damaged. Both a nightmare to get sorted out but we're in the end

However , they did also give a 20quid credit as compensation

Still, other than using the credit I won't bother ever again.

Online forums are full of folk complaing . Especially about ordering stuff that is marked as in stock and then having to wait weeks for delivery as it wasn't actually in stock at all
Yes read them so I won't be using them again I can see this dragging on cancellation wise as they never get back to you when they say they will.

anda1961

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
north yorkshire
Got phone call from Tredz on Friday saying bike had been inspected and a new bike could be sent out. I explained that I had cancelled via Web Chat and emailed them to customer services and the returns dept just to make sure they got the message. Obviously didn't then.
Told by a nice person that he understood and would cancel the bike and finance and email me conformation. Still awaiting the email of conformation so looks like I will be contacting them yet again. Now getting to be annoying and a complete joke.
People complain about Halfords but hell they are 100% better than Tredz some of the staff are ok but they are stuck with a company that don't care after they get the money.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
People complain about Halfords but hell they are 100% better than Tredz some of the staff are ok but they are stuck with a company that don't care after they get the money.
Ironic considering Halfords have owned Tredz cycles since 2016

Hope you get your issues sorted soon thou

Last edited:

anda1961

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
north yorkshire
Yes true I had heard
That they had bought them out. Try telling some of the Halfords staff that then coz they sure didn’t know lol.
All sorted out now by very sensible guy at Tredz who listened and did what he said he would do.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
All sorted out now by very sensible guy at Tredz who listened and did what he said he would do.
Glad its sorted
Incompetence on what should be a simple thing is so frustrating

Advertisers