Trek powerfly 9 FS or Levo FSR comp - what would you go for?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what is the cost of the batt for them tho as i bet it is more than bosch :eek:

Mr T

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2016
Lancs
If you buy the Levo you need to get at least a £1000 discount or better as that seems to be the standard deal.

Not sure why they are so heavily discounted.
Who's offering that kind of discount? Local shop not budging on cost for the Levo.

Mr T

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2016
Lancs
Is the brose motor any good? heard mixed reviews. Also heard of issues with gear change being clunky on the Levo and chain coming off etc. The powerfly 9 uses the new EX1 chain set and derailleur.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
I have a Levo, and I had issues with the chain coming off, until I adjusted the chain guide. Turns out there are different shims to pack it out, which explains the funny piece of metal in the bag I got when I bought it! Not had the problem since. Not sure if the "problems" with the Brose motor is more one of rider perception, but am very pleased with mine. If anyone with a Trek wants to meet up and do a comparison I'd be happy to oblige.
Mark

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
"different shims to pack it out"
Well something to ask about getting done when or if I go for one to get it done ready to ride ?

earthmover
What sort of a range do you get and on what setting ?

Still Over thinking the 460w v 500 on other bikes I am looking at with will I end up been out thinking if only I had 500w the extra range tho I am an guessing it would not be a lot more range

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Also looking at the Levo FSR. Undecided between the basic for £3500 or the Comp £4000. Going to check them out at Specialized concept store store next week. If they can offer an additional discount will probably buy on the spot.

Had a look at the Scott E-Genius 720 Plus the other week. Was unimpressed with the quality of the seat dropper and plastic trim around the battery / motor which seemed to be coming loose on all the display bikes. Didn't get to have a test ride but already put off, not the quality I expect for such a expensive bike.

Not sure about the Trek Powerfly's, may check them out as local dealer stocks them but on paper they look very similar to the Scott's.

Last edited:

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
Well glad I can remove the Scott from my wish list

Need to go see the Giant shop tho its the old Yam PW motor tho it looks nice I have seen people say about the problems with it and the PW-X addresses them. but giant do their own mods / set up so might not have them.

Let us know how you get on.

Also, check as I am not sure but the comp does not come with the chain tool that the expert has?

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
"different shims to pack it out"
Well something to ask about getting done when or if I go for one to get it done ready to ride ?

earthmover
What sort of a range do you get and on what setting ?

Still Over thinking the 460w v 500 on other bikes I am looking at with will I end up been out thinking if only I had 500w the extra range tho I am an guessing it would not be a lot more range
Hi Richard,
Bit of a piece of string question, but I'll give you what info I have.
My battery says I have charged it 18 times and done 892 km, so that's nearly 50 km per charge. Bear in mind that I haven't always been into the red, so there is probably a bit more to go. I spend most of my time between 15 and 35 % assistance, only using 100% for showing off, or racing. According to Strava my average ride is 12.6 km with 216m of climbing, but this is short sharp climbs, not long slogs. Hope this helps.
Mark

• Informative
Reactions: Richard-Ebike

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Also looking at the Levo FSR. Undecided between the basic for £3500 or the Comp £4000. Going to check them out at Specialized concept store store next week. If they can offer an additional discount will probably buy on the spot.

Had a look at the Scott E-Genius 720 Plus the other week. Was unimpressed with the quality of the seat dropper and plastic trim around the battery / motor which seemed to be coming loose on all the display bikes. Didn't get to have a test ride but already put off, not the quality I expect for such a expensive bike.

Not sure about the Trek Powerfly's, may check them out as local dealer stocks them but on paper they look very similar to the Scott's.
Check out Cube and Lapierre if there are any nearby. I like ride on my Cube Stereo 140 HPA race 500 with good components.

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
I am loving my Powerfly 9 fs but cant add any advise because of no experience of the Levo .

One thing I am super impressed with is the gear range of the EX1 cassette
11/48 and only 8 speed but it handles the climbs very well and I am a heavy bugger
using the lowest gear and tour setting I have climbed some hills just lately which I have never cleaned 30 years ago when at my fittest

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield

This is what I dont want to happen
Check out 8:50 on

Tho I am only guessing but the other biker (camera man) was changing the power level while on the ride and the other was on turbo all the time.

But this is my mmmmm do the other system give longer rides than the levo ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the speed limit in the us is 20mph and then cuts out.

Related Articles

Advertisers