Trelock KS 695 cable lock

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Can anyone tell me if this lock, which I believe has been superseded in number, purchased around 2006, is a high security lock?

It certainly is very solid and thick, it was just that I was looking on the cycle insurance site and they mention locks for bikes over £1500 must have a Gold secure lock. Not that I insure thro' a special cycle company, my bike is, and the new one will be, listed on my all risks home insurance to it's value + accessories, with the usual proviso of locking it up to immovable object wherever it is left standing, and if in a car, that the car is locked! It does not stipulate a lock, just securely locked. I've forgotten how I decided on this lock but I'm sure there's someone on this forum who will know the answer. I like this lock because it has good reach around poles/objects and thro the wheel/frame.

Thanks again, Jeanette

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
New expensive bike, new expensive lock...Then use both;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It certainly looks very strong Jeanette, and I've found no security criticism of it online, so it's probably just as good as any other heavy duty cable lock. Some like to use a D lock as well for extra security, but they are not much use if there's no cycle stand or similar to lock to. Personally I've always used a cable or chain lock.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
The ks695 is not gold secure only the 610 and 650 made by trelock are sold secure gold rated . Not sure if any cable meet gold . The abus Steeloflex but it's a brute.
The ks 695 was picked in less than 20 secs.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the update Cakey. As you say, I doubt any cable meets gold standard, but for locking to lamp posts and the like it has to be a cable or long heavy duty chain.