TSDZ2 250w VLCD5 speed sensor strange behavior

Alexey

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2021
The basic kit (TSDZ2 + VLCD5 + brakes with sensors) was installed a week ago, everything was working fine.
Then the head/tail light set has arrived (like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948574121.html). It has another speed sensor with splitter to provide power for lights.
The kit was installed as well.
During a test ride I noticed that the speed shown on the display is always 0.
I thought that maybe the new sensor is bad, cut the wires off and reconnected the old sensor back instead.
I'm sure the wires are correct, and I tested sensor separately, it works as well.

The issue is: start riding - shown speed is 0. Press on brakes shortly (brakes are connected to VLCD5) - shows the current speed correctly for a moment and then freezes - the shown speed does not change. So it updates only when brakes are pressed. If stop without pressing brakes, it continues showing some value > 0 infinitely. Even if disconnect the lights and return the system back to previously working state, shown speed still has this weird behavior.

The rest of the system works correctly, the issue is only about shown speed & remaining battery calculation (that probably depends on the speed).

Alexey

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 28, 2021
Is it possible to factory reset the kit? I already reset ODO by pressing +- for 10 seconds.

kto

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2022
The basic kit (TSDZ2 + VLCD5 + brakes with sensors) was installed a week ago, everything was working fine.
Then the head/tail light set has arrived (like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948574121.html). It has another speed sensor with splitter to provide power for lights.
The kit was installed as well.
During a test ride I noticed that the speed shown on the display is always 0.
I thought that maybe the new sensor is bad, cut the wires off and reconnected the old sensor back instead.
I'm sure the wires are correct, and I tested sensor separately, it works as well.

The issue is: start riding - shown speed is 0. Press on brakes shortly (brakes are connected to VLCD5) - shows the current speed correctly for a moment and then freezes - the shown speed does not change. So it updates only when brakes are pressed. If stop without pressing brakes, it continues showing some value > 0 infinitely. Even if disconnect the lights and return the system back to previously working state, shown speed still has this weird behavior.

The rest of the system works correctly, the issue is only about shown speed & remaining battery calculation (that probably depends on the speed).
It looks like I have the exact same issue. Did you fix your problem somehow?
Maybe you have any recommendations?

Reactions: Bikes4two

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
It looks like I have the exact same issue. ..............
Just to clarify when you say you have the exact same issue - are you saying that you initially installed the TSDZ2 with the VLCD5 display and the ebrakes and all worked correctly until you then added lights and a new yellow splitter cable and speed sensor?

And if you did add lights etc, can you provide a link to what you bought please?