TSDZ2 and PF30 bottom bracket

Caoimhín Concannon

Just Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Looking for some advice. I have a Boardman Hyb 8.9 which I'm looking to install a TSDZ2 on. I was about to order when I read that it is not suitable for bikes with pressfit bottom bracket without specially machined shims. It would appear that my bottom bracket is a PF30.
Does anyone have any experience with installing in a bike which had a pressfit bottom bracket? Would using an adaptor like this solve my problem (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/sram-pressfit-30-to-bsa-adaptor-kit/rp-prod71306 ). Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: Caoimhín Concannon

mimran91

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 4, 2022
Looking for some advice. I have a Boardman Hyb 8.9 which I'm looking to install a TSDZ2 on. I was about to order when I read that it is not suitable for bikes with pressfit bottom bracket without specially machined shims. It would appear that my bottom bracket is a PF30.
Does anyone have any experience with installing in a bike which had a pressfit bottom bracket? Would using an adaptor like this solve my problem (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/sram-pressfit-30-to-bsa-adaptor-kit/rp-prod71306 ). Thanks
did you install it in the end? Im only asking because I am considering the hyb 8.9 as a donor bike for the tsdz2

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Reactions: Woosh

Kierandgaf

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2022
Tony/Andy Thanks for your help with Vaughan's bike, I received the rotor yesterday, will attempt fitting Wednesday at the Men's Shed.
Quick question did you manage to fit the TSDZ2 on the bike. I have found adapter specifically for PF30 to 68-73MM

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Quick question did you manage to fit the TSDZ2 on the bike. I have found adapter specifically for PF30 to 68-73MM
The bike to which I referred was a Whoos bike about 10 years old with a mid-drive motor.
I have the Tongsheng TSDZ2 fitted to my own bike.