TSDZ2 chain ring size 52t

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Changed the chainring on the last tsdz2 build to a 52 t on the fat bike today the top end has increased by 6 mph, noticed only a very little lag in getting up there it just required slightly longer in each gear .As it only a 7 speed and a 13-32 this was the best option other than replace the whole lot for a 9 speed
[Always wanted a chopper:rolleyes: ]IMG_20201005_172314191.jpg:rolleyes:]IMG_20201005_172259060.jpg

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Another one rolls off the @peter.c production line! How many TSDZ conversions is that now?

The bike looks great. Did you make that rear seat support?

Keep us posted regarding reliability- I've heard it suggested that raising the overall gearing sometimes hastens blue gear failure...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
To much time and many more ideas:rolleyes: First tsdz2 was may 2019 a few since then;)
The 52t will be ok on this one as its only a 13 and not an 11 tooth on the rear
Not had a failure yet or a major problem and the niggles have been minor and easy for me to overcome
Any motor will give problems if abused -pull away or hill climb in the wrong gear , other peoples problems and stories are putting me off

The hardest part is selling the finished project and recovering the cost to fund the next mad idea:eek:
The other half inspected the garage and found that i have broken the two bike rule yet again so one will have to go :(
The building will slow down now over the winter might even have to stop in the new year
Has any one stockpiled kits from china as delivery and purchase cost will become an issue when the EU tax vat delivery problem hits home

Advertisers