TSDZ2 Cold morning start.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
This as happened twice now I Have Turned on the Battery let it settle for 10 seconds without touching the pedals, I have then pressed
the throttle button and although you can see the motor trying to work it starts and stops very slowly I keep trying this for about 10 minutes and
eventually it will works flawlessly. The magnet and sensor are in the correct position because when it finally starts to work it is great.
This has happened after a fully charged battery and used the bike on cold mornings. I am just wondering if I need to insulate the motor in the garage.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is said you need to leave TSDZ for 30 seconds after switching on without touching the cranks to allow for system initialising/calibration then you should be good to go.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
Just an update on the problem i have, It seems the motor does not kick in after a fully charged battery, but after about 10 mins of trying to get the motor to work it is totally fine. If i don,t charge the battery it works first time.
Any ideas anybody.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
If the battery is fresh off the charger it could be an over volt protection, what motor do you have, and can you check the battery voltage

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
If the battery is fresh off the charger it could be an over volt protection, what motor do you have, and can you check the battery voltage
I have the the tsdz2 250w 48v i have checked the voltage and it is reading 52v after a full charge

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That should be ok at 52v hot off the charger so far I have been lucky with mine, but must admit for my current build I have gone with a bafang

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
That should be ok at 52v hot off the charger so far I have been lucky with mine, but must admit for my current build I have gone with a bafang
At least i know what the problem is now and it is not the motor which i was worried about.
I just need to drain a little bit of the battery after a full charge somehow which is going to be a pain.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
Can you also check the charger volts output most have a pot inside to set /adjust
I am just surprised that nobody else has had this problem.
I am going to leave the battery for 24 hours after a full charge and see if it works.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Some body has he tried a 52v battery on 48v settings, problem solved when he reprogramed ,showed same symptoms as yours not as many people use the tsdz2 compared to other brands

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
52v hot off the charger is only warm for a 48v battery is should be 54.6v, the issue may be that the battery is unbalanced. 52v charge equates to 4v per string but one or more may be unbalanced if that is the case.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's still a bit low for what it should be, indicating that all is not as good as it should be in the battery department, though I doubt that it has anything to do with your problem.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
I have just spoken to the supplier and he said if it does not work at 56v but works at 52v it most likely
the controller is faulty.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
I have just spoken to the supplier and he said if it does not work at 56v but works at 52v it most likely
My supplier wants me to take a picture of the controller inside mid drive and going to send me a new controller.
Just wondering is it difficult to change the tsdz2 controller.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Who said anything about 56v ?