TSDZ2 - Not Working

lav180

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2021
Hi All,

Just joined forum and am new to electric bikes.
Bought a TSDZ2 8 pin with the VLDC5 and thumb throttle from PWSPOWER in China along with a battery for my wifes bike.
Goods arrived OK and I charged the battery for 10 hours.
Fitted the kit to the bik without testing before hand - after getting all wires connected I then went for a spin and no assistance, tried the thumb throttle and again no assistance.
Took the kit off of the bike and tried the thumb throttle and the motor doesn't spin.
The VLDC5 lights up and all icons are where they should be according to the various pictures I've seen on the web.
Contacted seller and they said they'll replace faulty part FOC but need to know which bit is duff and suggested taking it to a bike shop so they could test.
So does anyone here know:
1, Is there something I may have missed?
2, Anything I can do to test the individual parts?
3, A bike shop that will be able to carry testing.
I'm based in Chelmsford in Essex
Thanks for looking.
Pete

dwvl

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2018
Essex, UK
The multi-pin connectors need to be pushed together *hard* all the way up to the moulded-in line. I'd check that first.

If they seem to be all pushed home fully, I would unplug them and look carefully to see if any of the pins are bent / broken.

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
The multi-pin connectors need to be pushed together *hard* all the way up to the moulded-in line. I'd check that first.

If they seem to be all pushed home fully, I would unplug them and look carefully to see if any of the pins are bent / broken.
Cheers - I'll check it all again when I get home - I've been through the loop before but you never know I may have missed something

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Two things first what voltage is the motor and battery ? do you have a volt meter to check the battery output and is it the version with 3 sockets under the display with the throttle in the middle one, temporally disconnect the brake cut outs if fitted
PS not to far away lakeside if you really are stuck

TJS109

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2017
Glos
Hi,

One possible cause, what is the speedo reading ?
sometimes when the sensor is not properly positioned they read a speed over the assist limit and turn the motor off.

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
When it was installed on the bike and was ridden the speedo was dispalying correctly as far as I can see the display has all the correct symbols on it and isn't showing any errors. It's all off of the bike and I've just checked all the connections and everything is pushed home fully and the thumb throttle still doesn't work.
I've contacted the supplier informing them of my findings.
I'll let you know what they say.
Thanks

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
I do have a volt meter and checked, it's putting out 55.8V so assume it's got a voltage regulator somewhere in the motor.
I'm currently chatting with PSWPower and seeing what they are going to do about it.
It's not a rocket science install - clip the connectors together - makes sure there's no gaps and that the battery has charge and away you go.
Lets hope they do the right thing!

Attachments

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the info - I've got a light wired up to drain off some excess - I'll be checking it to see when it gets down to 48V.
The supplier has suggested I send it all back to Italy - I've pointed out it's brand new and shouldn't needa warranty repair. Since then they've gone quiet for over 6 hours !
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the reply,
Cheers,
Pete

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Hi,
I may have found the underlying issue!
I ordered a 48V 500w motor - they sent everything and I assumed (yes I know !) they had delivered a 48V 500w motor but NO they've delivered a 36V unit !
Yes I should've checked but we shall see what PswPower say about the mix up
Pete

Attachments

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That is a problem make sure you get the right one this time :eek: ps if you send back to Europe for repair the vat is charged both ways so would have been a nightmare

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
The tsdz2 48v does not like to be over volted display powers up but he motor will not run unless it has the 52 version flashed
I had the same problem.
Have to burn off a few volts by putting it on another bike, with a Bafang 48v BBSHD on it.
The firmware on the stock tsdz2 is pants.
TBH the tsdz2 is a POS!

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
55.8v on a 36v it cannot of liked that, might make a good door stop :rolleyes: ;) must admit that i fell out of love with the tsdz and have gone back to bafang

• Agree
Reactions: MontyPAS

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Thanks one and all !
I've still not heard from pswpower so I'll give it untill Monday afternoon and then decide from there

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Hi,
I've provided a ton of proof that they sent the wrong the unit ! - Just waiting to hear what they intend to do about it .. I think they've all gone home now. It's taken way too long to get to this point but I'm hopeful they'll do the right thing and send out a 48V motor.. Will update when I get more news from China.
Pete

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
I'm sending the motor back - pswpower are the WORST company to deal with ABSOLUTELY disgusted with their behaviour - They screw up and do NOTHING to rectify their mistake. AVOID them at ALL COSTS

lav180

Apr 22, 2021
Does any one here know of a decent company to deal with as I'll be sending the unit back and want nothing more to do with them.
It would've been so easy for them to apologise and send the correct unit out but no, lets go through pointless hoops and P*ss our customers off - utter morons

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BBS from eclipsebikes, one can look to see if Woosh have any stock at all.

Like bikes, supply/ demand is high and there aren't many companies UK wise to deal with, so one is either at the mercy of China imports as a sole importer or the various online market places. Brexit is another factor.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JayDG and MontyPAS