TSDZ2 queries

Mike_P

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2019
Hello, I have fitted a TSDZ2 to a Ridgeback Motion hybrid. It came with a 44 chainwheel but pedalling unassisted indicates a need for two chainwheels (the hybrids original was a triple chainwheel), would a 44 and 34 be appropriate or is a 50 and 34 more suited? Aside from a 110 chainwheel is there anything else I need to be aware of? I note most are 8 speed or higher and and the hybrid is 7 speed so it would be useful to know if anyone has found a chainwheel that is okay with a 7 speed chain or would I need to change the chain as well.

I note that it can be set to use more than magnet for the speed sensor - are there any benefits from having more than one magnet? If so if there any specific spoke magnet to use?
Also is it 100% necessary to arrange the sensor with the cable exiting towards the bottom bracket, the only location where the gap is 5mm results in the wire being only a mm off the wheel with its set up as described.

Thanks
Mike

DouglasXK

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
Oxford
TSDZ2 will come with a 42t chain ring. It is heavily dished to fit round the housing and I don’t believeve there is a chainring with fewer teeth which will work at a sensible price.

A single chain ring with a 11-46t cassette (10 or 11 speed) is a better bet.

Multiple magnets aren’t necessary.

There is a little arrow on the sensor and that’s where the magnet should pass over. Too close eg 1mm and you will get very odd results!

Mike_P

Jan 27, 2019
Thanks - mine was described as 44t (I've not actually counted it). I did have the sensor too close and initially it worked fine then after 25+ miles it started given overhigh speed readings so repositioned it.

Mec77723

Jul 2, 2020
I’ve the magnet for the rear wheel spoke but it’s too big it’s touching the sensor bafang kit is there an alternative option or another magnet that’s smaller ?