TSDZ2 Speedo Problem.

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
The unit has been quite problem free but I took it for a run this week, after being laid up for a couple of months and found that by bionic legs had stopped working.

Took it out again today and had the same problem, but this time I noticed my speed was 62.4 MPH. If I push the bike it reads the speed correctly but when I peddle it shoots up to 62.4 every time.

Any Ideas?

Pete

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
The speed sensor is very sensitive to adjustment. Make sure it's exactly like it says in the instructions.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've not moved it but it may have had a knock sometime. I'll check to connections tomorrow and apply some WD40. I'll also try it with the magnet on the wheel removed. See what happens.

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
I removed the magnet and all is good. I've not had the time or the inclination, given the weather, to do some trouble shooting, but that will be next.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the magnet should be about 10mm from the sensor.
If it's too close, it will trigger the sensor more than once.

Reactions: PeterPi

PeterPi

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2019
the magnet should be about 10mm from the sensor.
If it's too close, it will trigger the sensor more than once.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just repositioned the magnet and it seems to be back to normal. I did also check that the XT60 connection was solid, and it did seem to be a little loose. That was something I never try to do, by making two adjustments to anything at the same time, as you can never be sure what was causing the problem.