Tuning and fitting throttle to NCM Moscow and related NCM models

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
I have previously reported an inexpensive method for tuning the NCM Moscow so that the speed at which the assistance cuts out is raised and flat spots on deccelaration are removed.
The development of thecode is described in a thread on pedelecforum.de and all credit to those contributing to it.

The code has recently been extended so that a throttle can be incorporated which , if the tuning option is activated, will drive the ebike to the maximum assisted speed.
If anyone would like assistance in applying this "tune up", please respond below or pm me.

• Informative
Reactions: Mollusc

ccer

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2021
If anyone would like assistance in applying this "tune up", please respond below or pm me.
Hi, as per the invitation above, could I please request information about this “tune up”?
I live in Australia and have a NCM Milano plus.

kind regards

George

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have to send him a personal message for details.

If you want a more general solution, repla e the motor controller and LCD with those from KT. You have to do some minor wiring, but you end up with an easier to use system with control of the speed limit and current, plus you can fit a throttle. You can buy KT controllers from many places, but we mainly get them from Topbikekit.

ccer

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2021
You have to send him a personal message for details.

If you want a more general solution, repla e the motor controller and LCD with those from KT. You have to do some minor wiring, but you end up with an easier to use system with control of the speed limit and current, plus you can fit a throttle. You can buy KT controllers from many places, but we mainly get them from Topbikekit.
Thank you.

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
Hi ccer George
The solution I am advocating allows a throttle to be fitted & need cost you no more than a couple of £; vfr400's solution will cost you at the very least 10 to 20 times more and will be more elegant though not necessarily any more effective.
I have replied to your pm
J

Mollusc

Just Joined
Jul 5, 2022
I have previously reported an inexpensive method for tuning the NCM Moscow so that the speed at which the assistance cuts out is raised and flat spots on deccelaration are removed.
The development of thecode is described in a thread on pedelecforum.de and all credit to those contributing to it.

The code has recently been extended so that a throttle can be incorporated which , if the tuning option is activated, will drive the ebike to the maximum assisted speed.
I would appreciate more info on the "tune up". Thank you.