Turnigy 4500Ah LifePo Packs

ELECTRIC AVENUES

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2010

I was thinking of getting some of these as an alternative to building my own A123 packs.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how many to buy or how to arrange them in order to power a 72v 50A controller, with the LVC being 55 volts.

I have been told that it is important to mate the power of my battery to the amperage demands of the controller as congruently as I can.

So...how many do I need, and how do I best arrange them???

Many thank in advance!!!:cool:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Crikey! at 72v you are going to need 22 cells in series to get 72.6v nominal...but I think HobbyCity only have them is 3s and 6s configs so you'll either have to go for 21 cells (6+6+6+3) 69.3v or 24 cells for 79.2v nominal. Whats the max. rated voltage for the controller?

After you choose your cell number and packs it then a question of paralleling up the packs to get the Ah you require....your gonna need a load of them! 50A at 72v is 3.6Kw! ...the wiring dosen't bare thinking about...

What's the application? You may want to concider the Thunder Sky batteries from here: http://www.evcomponents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

Or drop a PM to Emissions Free on this forum and ask him about these new super Prismatic A123 cells or a PM to Cell-Man on Endless Sphere (same guy). These new cells seem to have really good power density, great discharge capability and and very very compact...

ELECTRIC AVENUES

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2010
Crikey! at 72v you are going to need 22 cells in series to get 72.6v nominal...but I think HobbyCity only have them is 3s and 6s configs so you'll either have to go for 21 cells (6+6+6+3) 69.3v or 24 cells for 79.2v nominal. Whats the max. rated voltage for the controller?

After you choose your cell number and packs it then a question of paralleling up the packs to get the Ah you require....your gonna need a load of them! 50A at 72v is 3.6Kw! ...the wiring dosen't bare thinking about...

What's the application? You may want to concider the Thunder Sky batteries from here: http://www.evcomponents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

Or drop a PM to Emissions Free on this forum and ask him about these new super Prismatic A123 cells or a PM to Cell-Man on Endless Sphere (same guy). These new cells seem to have really good power density, great discharge capability and and very very compact...
The application is a 5304 Crystalyte hub motor. I dont have to buy the turnigy packs, I have had trouble sourcing legitimate reliable A123 cells, and thats why I came to be looking at the Turnigy Packs.

The maximum rated voltage, AFAIK, is 72 volts.

Thanks for the heads-up on who to speak to, I will check them out. Many thanks.

Advertisers