Twist Grip Throttle

Tubaman

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2009
Really struggling to find a Twist Grip throttle in UK to suit a 36V 10Ah system at a reasonable price.

Anyone know where I can get hold of one ?

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I assume you have checked if your controller supports one and what inputs it needs, then I'll tell you I have no idea but I'm interested to know what you find.

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
I assume you have checked if your controller supports one and what inputs it needs, then I'll tell you I have no idea but I'm interested to know what you find.
It's not really a voltage thing (36V, 24V etc), unless you want a combined battery meter. It's more a "hall sensor" or "potentiometer" question.

You can make a reasonable guess at this by looking at the label on your controller. Hopefully it should tell you the throttle voltage input: 1V-4ishV would indicate a hall sensor. Anything else probably indicates a "potentiometer". You can put a "pot" on a hall sensor controller with some extra resistors, but you may have issues the other way around (might work though).

Although not in the UK, ?ecrazyman@gmail.com? (on ebay) from HK sells them and has a good reputation. There's also a Lincolnshire based seller on ebay that sells them. Baring that you have Alien Ocean (seller of the Alien kits) who might sell you one.

Tubaman

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2009
Thanks - AlienOcean dont seem to have them listed on their website.

Any ideas the name of the Licolnshire seller or Ebay seller name ?

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Thanks - AlienOcean dont seem to have them listed on their website.

Any ideas the name of the Licolnshire seller or Ebay seller name ?
Whoops I was thinking of laurie-twinkle...who is neither in Lincolnshire nor listing throttles! (she does do other e-bike/e-scooter stuff though). :(

Try Keywin/e-crazyman on ebay:
eBay UK Shop - HuaQiang North Road: E-bike Scooter Parts, Mini Water Pump, Switch Power supply

He's currently got a hall effect throttle for £12.90 incl delivery. From HK it should only take a week or so.
Electric Bike scooter parts throttle accelerator on eBay, also Parts Accessories, Scooters, Outdoor Sports, Sporting Goods (end time 27-Mar-09 12:48:00 GMT)

Cheers

Steve