Two new batteries, now both dead :(

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Connector is called EC5/Euro connector.

Unless your controller is dual voltage or has 63v main inlet capacitor then it will blow.
Your motor will run 33% faster and may heat up more esp on inclines , the rpm will increase by 33% as well. Generally a 36 v hub run at 48v will be less efficient then a dedicated 48v hub,

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Connector is called EC5/Euro connector.

Unless your controller is dual voltage or has 63v main inlet capacitor then it will blow.
Your motor will run 33% faster and may heat up more esp on inclines , the rpm will increase by 33% as well. Generally a 36 v hub run at 48v will be less efficient then a dedicated 48v hub,
I'm not a dishonest person but when opportunity comes my way I thought I could take advantage.
I want two setups exactly the same so I can interchange if needed and I will never have intentions of going over 15.5mph on the throttle.
I'll email them again for a return.

Thanks Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For compatibility you need the same battery case and controller to handle the different voltages like a KT dual voltage model, this will have programming for lvc for both batteries.
This why when dealing with China vendors problems arise and the toing and froing is a damn nuisance and time consuming when things don't go to plan.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
New one on the way and they've refunded me £50 for my patience & honesty - result.
Once you get your 2nd battery back and are happy, I think they deserve to be named for their CS, it's always good to know of companies that DO sort things out when problems occur, even if it has caused you some inconvenience.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
I'm now happy with my 2x 36v 11.6ah batteries so I'm now going to name the company who gave the excellent service with no arguments.

Both original batteries they sent were faulty and on receipt of pictures of the serial numbers, there were no arguments.
They sent return postage labels, I sent Proof Of Postage and the new batteries were on the way (yes they did send a 48v 17ah by mistake but that was sorted).

The company is Green Cell and the ladies who gave me no crap were called Kate & Katrina (could be the same person).

• Informative
Reactions: ebiker99