Tyre choice

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
Hi, I ride a mix of road a some off road tracks, forrest ect. On my Carrera Vengeance I had the the original Kenda MTB tyres, but for better rolling resistance I fitted Conti Travel Contacts, I found the Conti`s a bit hard on the bum and slippy on tracks, so I fitted my Kendas back on again, they are getting past it now and I was thinking of fitting Schwalbe Marathon Plus, these ones, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/schwalbe-marathon-plus-mtb-tyre-smartguard/rp-prod143787?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping QLB Product Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sH88kwchp_dc|pcrid|161846649820|pkw||pmt||prd|520757UK

They look like they a good all rounder, any body use these and are there better prices around.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I have a set.

A surprisingly good tyre, very tough, hard wearing and fast on the road. Near puncture proof and quite a mud plugger.

They are narrow though for my 29, only 2.1"

That's a good price. You won't be disappointed for an all-rounder.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyGM7LSI

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
I have a set.

A surprisingly good tyre, very tough, hard wearing and fast on the road. Near puncture proof and quite a mud plugger.

They are narrow though for my 29, only 2.1"

That's a good price. You won't be disappointed for an all-rounder.
Cheers for that, mine are 26" but I`ll go for the 2.1 too as I`m probably 75% road and try to avoid deep mud.

Advertisers