Tyre Pressures with Nobby Nics

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
I have just had Nobby Nics 2.25 tubeless fitted and had the rims converted, I was advised to have the tyre pressures on the high side for a few days to help bed the tyres into the rims.
The problem is they feel hard so what pressures would you recommend to have on a E-Bike and me being on the heavy side @ 95KG:cool:.

Thank You All

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i run 23 on the front and 25 on the rear but you dont want them too soft as you will rip them off the rims if there to low like 15psi.

also no need to keep them high once there seated so set the psi how you like the feel of.

Reactions: argoose

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
FWIW I run my 29 er Nobby Nics at 20 front and rear but there are quite a few different specifications of Nobby Nics, some with harder sidewalls, different compounds etc. Best experiment with different pressures and see what suits you best.

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Update on the Nobby Niks, I reduced the pressure to about 2 bar on the rear and slightly less on the front, now the pressures are reduced they give a far better ride then the Continental Xking which gave a wobbly feeling on lower pressure.
They grip well and the bike appears to go better on them, the only downside is that they puncture easily with sharp stones and thorns as I had punctures on my first two rides on them, the guy in the shop advised me to leave small thorns in the tyres, and they will seal with the Stan's liquid, I noticed today after going out for a ride that there was various small dark patches in the tread where the sealant had come through, is this normal?.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
Update on the Nobby Niks, I reduced the pressure to about 2 bar on the rear and slightly less on the front, now the pressures are reduced they give a far better ride then the Continental Xking which gave a wobbly feeling on lower pressure.
They grip well and the bike appears to go better on them, the only downside is that they puncture easily with sharp stones and thorns as I had punctures on my first two rides on them, the guy in the shop advised me to leave small thorns in the tyres, and they will seal with the Stan's liquid, I noticed today after going out for a ride that there was various small dark patches in the tread where the sealant had come through, is this normal?.
I had Continentals and found the same, they seem to go "out of shape". I tend to leave thorns in for the sealant to do it's work but remember, if you gash the tyre and need to put a tube in to get home then any thorns in the carcass will cause problems. The dark patches are of no concern unless the tyre is losing pressure quickly, expect it to need occasional top ups as it loses a bit on each "thorn".

Tom

Reactions: BillyBoy88

stephen Harvey

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2015
I had these tyres Nobby Nic’s they are really poor puncture wise gave up with them normal riding nothing extreme had so many punctures (I run tubeless) gave up sent them back to Merlin said they were rubbish wasted 90 pounds I think it’s a big problem with these tyres anyhow as they say that’s life [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Related Articles

Advertisers