Ultra reflective cycling jerseys?

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
Has anyone seen any ultra reflective cycling jerseys (not jackets)?

On my way home tonight I came across someone with a fantastically reflective jacket, and since a woman had just come very close to running me over having clearly not seen me, despite bar mounted and helmet headlights, I had to ask them what it was (Trespass Zig).

Bargain price actually, but I'm in general too warm when cycling, even in January, and don't even own any cycling jackets. It's a 21 mile commute so I do prefer a proper non flappy jersey. And a few reviews of the Zig said it was too warm for running, so I started looking further. I found more jackets such as the ProViz reflect range, but couldn't find any jerseys with the same sort of ultra reflective fabric.

So do they exist? Has anyone got anything similar?

Thanks,

Andy

Nefarious

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11
I have the ProViz vest (worn over my jacket) and backpack and I'd say that the material is not the sort of think that you'd want next to your skin. They are really effective though. Maybe wear a base layer with a reflective vest over?? Mine cost ~£30 from Amazon.

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
Hmmm yeah good point, just needs someone to figure out how to get that reflective effect on Lycra style clothing. A jacket over a base layer should be okay for me while it's cold I suppose.

Advertisers