upgrade eagle

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
have a Freego eagle about 4 yrs old. Just started using again. Bike has not done a great amount of mileage and I am thinking of investing a little to bring it up to date. So looking at better brakes, maybe upgrade to marathon plus tyres and also wondered if there is a better display unit I could get instead of the fitted one which just has a very basic display. Also is there anything else I could do to pimp it up a bit. Not really thought about budget at this stage. Want to find out whats available first.

regards gray

D

Deleted member 4366

If you want a new display, you have to get a new controller to go with it, which will mean a small amount of wiring and soldering new connectors. If you're up to that, the S06S and S-LCD3 from BMSBattery for about £60 or you can get the same thing from Panda Bikes in the UK for £100. You will also need a wheel speed sensor and it's probably agood idea to get a new pedal sensor while you're at it.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
If you want a new display, you have to get a new controller to go with it, which will mean a small amount of wiring and soldering new connectors. If you're up to that, the S06S and S-LCD3 from BMSBattery for about £60 or you can get the same thing from Panda Bikes in the UK for £100. You will also need a wheel speed sensor and it's probably agood idea to get a new pedal sensor while you're at it.
thanks d8veh, that sounds way too complex for my limited abilities and also a little expensive. So looks like I will have to leave that. Thanks for your answer

regards gray

billyx22

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2014
Hi,
Just reading some posts from search.
I am in the same boat as the previous guy.
Bought a new Z6 Zipper for a good price, have had a couple of problems that are sorted, I hope THREAD HERE:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/slow-pedal-assist.22570/

My question is are there any displays that will work without being wired to a controller, if it's a daft question just ignore it.

billyx22

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2014
Hi,
Just reading some posts from search.
I am in the same boat as the previous guy.
Bought a new Z6 Zipper for a good price, have had a couple of problems that are sorted, I hope THREAD HERE:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/slow-pedal-assist.22570/

My question is are there any displays that will work without being wired to a controller, if it's a daft question just ignore it.
Forgot to say the new bike has no display and when I opened up the housing for the controller there is no way to connect a new display I have, bought last year.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
In an ideal world Bluetooth could be an ideal means of getting rid of the wire between LCD and controller. There are things out there but for the moment the price is not right. You should be able to use a phone or tablet with bluetooth as your LCD, there are things out there. It will come sooner or later.

billyx22

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2014
You are right, of course.
Progress will carry on giving us new toys to use.
Just wish they would hurry up and crack the better alternative battery composition, Cambridge University, they now say another ten years!

Advertisers