Help! urbanglide 140 e-bike +s866 controller

orestinio

Just Joined
Mar 14, 2021
hi! I am an owner of an urbanglide 140 14inc wheel which has an 250w hubmotor and a 36v 6Ah battery with only 25km/h top speed. So I decided to upgrade it with an other controller s866 and an other battery 48v and 17.5h. after that the top speed should be more than 30km/h but it still 25-26km/h. Could you please help me to find a solution and tell me the exact number I have to set in the settings of the display in order to increase the top speed? etc: P01, P02...

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think one problem is that the wheel size setting only goes down to 20", so it's always going to think that you're going faster than you are.
P06 is wheel size. If you set the wheel size to 22" and the units in P02 to mph, the speed displayed will be appoximately right as km/h. That solves one problem.

P07 is maximum speed, which can be set up to 100km/hr so you can get an actual max speed of 62.6km/h considering you're falsely representing the wheel size.

orestinio

Just Joined
Mar 14, 2021
I think one problem is that the wheel size setting only goes down to 20", so it's always going to think that you're going faster than you are.
P06 is wheel size. If you set the wheel size to 22" and the units in P02 to mph, the speed displayed will be appoximately right as km/h. That solves one problem.

P07 is maximum speed, which can be set up to 100km/hr so you can get an actual max speed of 62.6km/h considering you're falsely representing the wheel size.
Thanks for your reply but my problem is the actual speed which is only 25-26km/h and not the display speed. The actual speed after the upgrade should be more than 30km/h something that did not happen! Moreover P07 is not the top speed but the number of the magnets. Of course I already set P08 which is the speed limit to 100km/h.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
Your new battery is the same voltage as the original, so your tip speed should be near original, even with increased wattage.

What speed does it read with the wheel spinning in the air?