urgent help on spokes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sometimes you have to be patient, as users we don't live on the forum and I often only log in or browse once or twice a day if time allows.

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a photo from the side of the wheel so that we can see what you've done with the spokes. I'd say that you have it in the wrong hole in the rim.

Look at the pattern. Each spoke two holes from the one in the hub on the same side goes the same way. It will be four holes in the rim from that one two holes away in the hub. I reckon that you've done one three holes away instead of four.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sometimes you have to be patient, as users we don't live on the forum and I often only log in or browse once or twice a day if time allows.

so sorry about that. but something said to me this cant be right, as the spoke lengths are same as the old ones. stupid me has put the spokes in wrong hole. I feel such a fool now and please accept my foolishness LOL.. all 3 spokes went in fine now, just flush with the rim. so screwed on the 3 nipples. and they flush now. would I need to tighten the 3 spokes which are all on same side of hub right up or just a small amount. I have now replaced the rim tape and tube plus the Tyre, and checked its not out of balance its definitely made a lot of difference to the wobble. and more or less no wobble now. just some fine tuning and it should be ok

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good job esp as you realised something wasn't right, when starting out with wheels even simple spoke replacement it can appear tricky or daunting.
If the rim is fairly true I would be inclined to leave it be other wise if you are not sure or don't understand what you are changing then you can make it worse.

Advertisers