Help! Using a Carerra Vulcan E-Spec 36 voltDC Battery with a 36 volt-500 watt Bafang Mid-Drive Kit

Pemby66

Just Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Hi guys, i am new here.
I would dearly love to know if i can use said battery with a Bafang Mid-Drive Motor without any mishaps, or do i need to purchase a new battery?
Thanks for your time.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The battery is lower than ideal ah rate, the bms in the battery will not cope well with a 25amp load it will be short range even if it does cope
Better buy a battery with good branded cells about 17ah or above

Reactions: Pemby66

Pemby66

Just Joined
Oct 14, 2019
The battery is lower than ideal ah rate, the bms in the battery will not cope well with a 25amp load it will be short range even if it does cope
Better buy a battery with good branded cells about 17ah or above
How about a lower wattage motor?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The spec of the battery supplied is poor even a 250watt bafang wants 15 amps
a tsdz 2 250watt only wants about 13 amps but the range will be limited budget on a new battery

Pemby66

Just Joined
Oct 14, 2019
The spec of the battery supplied is poor even a 250watt bafang wants 15 amps
a tsdz 2 250watt only wants about 13 amps but the range will be limited budget on a new battery
Ok thanks, it looks like i will be selling some e-bike spares then!
Thanks for your help.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
As spares are hard to get and a halfords spare battery is a small fortune you cold do well ;)
My pic shows a 250watt tsdz2 and a 13.5ah battery does 25-30 miles size limited by the frame triangle

Pemby66

Just Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Well, there is a wheel with a rear hub motor, battery with harness to attatch to bike and battery charger, crank and crank arms, bottom bracket. Only reason i am doing a mid drive conversion is because of a broken torque sensor (e21 error) and the bike's electrical system let me down way too many times, so i would rather convert to mid drive because there was too much pressure on the rear wheel(lots of broken spokes) so a mid drive is the only way forward for me.

Reactions: Audio2

Advertisers