Victory is Mine!!!!

Krow

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
If you happened to read my intro in this thread, you know my wife is a hard-core cyclist. I mean lycra wearing, double-century riding, gear freak, HARD-CORE cyclist.

I showed her the new Twist/Lite. At first she sniffed at it because it wasn't a "real bike". I moved our trail-a-bike on to it so she could pick up our son at school and toodle around the neighbourhood with him.

Today, she admitted to me over breakfast, "You know, that bike is kinda fun." YES!!! One bike snob at a time, that's all I need.

Today I ran three errands on my Twist/Lite. Downtown to visit my stock broker. Big sky-scraper full of people in power suits and quiet innoffensive dresses. I came in in my bike helmet, fleece jacket and messenger bag. I was sniffed at by everyone in the lobby (including his assistant) as a lowly bike messenger. Maybe they'll post my photo behind the desk with a message - "crazy customer, but be nice to him".

I also ran over to the grocery for supplies for a small dinner party tonight. "I don't want a grocery bag, I'll just load them in this messenger bag". The clerk looked at me like I was deranged, but let me fuss with the wine, bread and ice cream until I got it all in there. Dinner was great, by the way.

Finally, I picked up my son at school on the Lite+"trail-a-bike" this afternoon,. I had three soccer moms ask about it before they climbed into their SUVs and mini-vans. Maybe I should open a dealership? Or take bounties on anyone I send to ebikes NW.

Have a great weekend everybody!

keith.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Great stuff Keith, an example of how virtually every journey function can be done bike. Take the bounties though, with the Lite discontinued you'd have to import the Swiss Flyer C or similar to start a dealership on these Panasonic system bikes now, and they could be a bit pricey compared with your Twist.