Video Embedding

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
Having a problem embedding a video link with U-Tube. Copy and pasted with both media and link. When the post is submitted nothing appears with either.
Embedded this link in another forum to check everything was O.K., and it worked fine.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
We've been discussing this in another thread, so starting a thread specifically for the issue is spot on ;-]

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Sorry everyone; not sure why it's not working but we'll look into it ASAP.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
If you copy and paste the location of the video from the browser address into a message the site wraps "media" BB around the link and it does not display correctly in the message when posted.

If you right click on the video and select "Copy URL" then paste that it will display the link.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
If you copy and paste the location of the video from the browser address into a message the site wraps "media" BB around the link and it does not display correctly in the message when posted.

If you right click on the video and select "Copy URL" then paste that it will display the link.
no it doesn't

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That doesn't work for me with youtube, I've tried pasting the running video link and using the media or link inputs. All end up as a horizontal line.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi folks,

The videos appear when using Tapatalk so I believe the problem is due to a clash of javascript between the header on the site and the code that inserts the Yotube video. I'm going to do a couple of tests and will need to take the site down for a short period which I will probably do at the weekend in the early hours to minimise disruption.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Try opening a new message - open bb editor and paste link - then save
That is one of the things I was trying, but no luck. Not urgent, Russ may well find a workaround at the weekend.

I'm using up to date Firefox Russ.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Firefox here too flecc,

Open a new message - open BB code editor - last icon on top toolbar - cut and paste into the editor the URL link from the browser not the video - then save.

It should provide an active link.

Edit: testing posts removed.
Done exactly that before and now again, still doesn't work, just a horizontal line. I've also tried the link from the running video as well as the browser link, but neither any good.

D

Deleted member 4366

Did you leave a space between the characters and the link? if so, don't. Also, I noticed that it doesn't work with some characters, so try "hello", which worked for me.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4366

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Did you leave a space between the characters and the link? if so, don't. Also, I noticed that it doesn't work with some characters, so try "hello", which worked for me.
I did exactly that as you described Dave, complete with hello and no space. Tried that in the standard and BB entry, pasting and using the link option instead. So with any option it isn't working for me, very odd.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Try this - not a bad video either!

Open a new message - cut and paste into the editor the URL link from the video -
remove "http://" or "https://" - then save.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhW3hEMPbUc&feature=player_detailpage

or

Open a new message - cut and paste into the editor the URL link from the browser -
remove "http://" - then save.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhW3hEMPbUc
Finally success, the first option using the running video URL with "http://" removed worked.

Thanks for the solution.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
OK folks, the top site header is the culprit. So I've reported this to the developers to add to their fixes list.

Thanks
Russ

Advertisers