Help! Virtual Private Networks VPNs

Albert12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2020
Does anyone have experience of using VPNs? I want to be able to access iPlayer and other UK TV streaming services whilst abroad.

Any recommendations / experiences or tips would be most welcome. I anticipate that I will be accessing it via a broadband WiFi connection. Something that allows an iPad to connect / use a VPN would be useful too.

Thanks

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I was hoping you'd get some answers to this as it's something I've been considering using but know nothing about.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018

Lucifer656

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 1, 2020
I used a free VPN two months ago, it slows down the browser a bit, but it's nothing. I stopped using it as soon as I found out it wasn't safe because all your personal data is stored in their logs. So I use VeePN . It clears your logs. This is a reliable VPN.

martx007

Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2008
Wigan, United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of using VPNs? I want to be able to access iPlayer and other UK TV streaming services whilst abroad.

Any recommendations / experiences or tips would be most welcome. I anticipate that I will be accessing it via a broadband WiFi connection. Something that allows an iPad to connect / use a VPN would be useful too.

Thanks
I live abroad and was until last month using privatevpn. It worked most times with iplayer and channel 4 but I thought I would try another now. I got cyberghost with an extra free 6 months and so far more of the same except I can't get ITV or channel4 on it. Iplayer generally ok but i think with all of them it looks like they play cat and mouse with bbc etc. Once they notice an ip address is in multiple use they knock it off. You then disconnect vpn and reconnect and get another ip and that works until the same process happens again!
Hope that's of use

Advertisers