Help! Voilamart 26” front hub looking for repair

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
That's great news! Well done for getting to the bottom of it.

With Voilamart controllers, there are two blue wires. If they are connected together, it will limit the throttle to a max of about 10 mph.

See wires No. 4 below:

View attachment 38173
Thanks I'll check that but I didn't alter any controller wiring and it ran at speed before drop out . Vfr suggests poss magnet dislodged

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Thanks and I surprised myself with so much perseverance and a scowling wife in a small living room . As I said not total perfect cos throttle had gone to low power but unless u have some ideas I can live with that and just use it fir standing start . Thanks for sticking with me .
Ps you do deserve medals for putting up with me

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This is one of the best parts of the forum, where like minds try and help each other to overcome bike issues. What sometimes make sit tricky is the distant advice and sometimes interpreting what has occurred present or past in attempted repairs.
Some issues are easy to repair whilst others are harder to overcome as the history isn't properly known.

Reactions: gsm.terra

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
This is one of the best parts of the forum, where like minds try and help each other to overcome bike issues. What sometimes make sit tricky is the distant advice and sometimes interpreting what has occurred present or past in attempted repairs.
Some issues are easy to repair whilst others are harder to overcome as the history isn't properly known.
Yeh it's hard at a distance and of course you can't expect immediate assistance from people so it does prolongue the process .
Now I just have throttle to check when I can . But no rush cos in happy enough for now with pedal assist and limited throttle to start me off

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Anyone help with how to open the throttle case . I've removed screws buy looks like maybe throttle grip needs to come off . If so how , dies it pull off ?
It's held in by barbs inside the tube. You have to take it off to access them. There are normally three that have to be lifted simultaneously, which is very close to impossible.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
It's held in by barbs inside the tube. You have to take it off to access them. There are normally three that have to be lifted simultaneously, which is very close to impossible.
Sorry not clear on that . The throttle is held on by 3 barbs but you have to take it off to access them . But I can't take it off without lifting the barbs ? Please clarify . Thanks