Volt alpine

Bikenovice

Just Joined
Mar 23, 2019
I have a volt alpine which I consider my mobility scooter I have owned it since 2013 a new battery cost 340 pound so I bought a mid mount from China which I am hoping to run on my cheap Chinese battery but I have looked at the bottom of my volt battery and I can't see a + or - just four pins coming from the base of the mounting plate my hope is to connect a four pin female plug and run it of the cheap Chinese battery any help will be appreciated

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You ned a meter to determine what the pin outs are likelihood is that the two outers are v+ & v-, the two inners may not do nothing and could be unconnected. If the battery receiver allows you to plug in the charger for on bike charging then the middle pair will be for the charge circuit when on the bike.

Bikenovice

Just Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Thank you for reply so I can run the bike of a cheaper battery and use a female connector I can take the loss if money buying the front hub kit but I would like to get my use of the battery it has already cost over 300 pound tightening front hub the forks just snapped so had to get new ones don't want to be left with over300 pounds worth of useless gear thanks for info just like to know it can be done b4 I waste more money