Volt Axis front light not working

Trek

Pedelecer
Jun 22, 2013
Hi, My Volt Axis, Shimano Steps model delivered today, not had chance to ride it as yet, however I cannot get the front light to turn on, rear light comes on/off fine, have sent email to Volt no reply to my query so far, got me stumped any help much appreciated.

Gavin

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2020
Welcome Trek.

That's a cool bike with an interesting spec- I'd be interested to hear your review of it once you've had it a while.

Regarding the lights, did it come with a handbook that gives you any clues?

Alternatively, try ringing Volt direct- 020 7378 4728.

Good luck and enjoy the bike...

Reactions: Trek

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, My Volt Axis, Shimano Steps model delivered today, not had chance to ride it as yet, however I cannot get the front light to turn on, rear light comes on/off fine, have sent email to Volt no reply to my query so far, got me stumped any help much appreciated.
Be careful, some companies will use the tiniest reason to revoke a comlete guarantee. This is (sadly) a guarantee problem.
Hopefully they are quite local to you.
Andy

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Volt are generally pretty good with customer service but can be slow with email response. You will get a faster response if you phone them. Did you buy directly from volt or via one of their ‘agents’? These are a network of local bike shops that provide warranty support for volt. If you have a fault they may direct you to one of these.

Trek

Pedelecer
Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for all your replies. Bought direct from Volt, however there is a local dealer in my town . Tried ringing both parties but due to Covid having trouble getting through. As the rear light functions ok I might just remove front light and try swapping the two cables on their terminals in case it was wired up wrong way.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for all your replies. Bought direct from Volt, however there is a local dealer in my town . Tried ringing both parties but due to Covid having trouble getting through. As the rear light functions ok I might just remove front light and try swapping the two cables on their terminals in case it was wired up wrong way.
I would be better if you used a Multi Meter and checked the Polarity that way. Because if no blocking diode is built in, you may well damage what you have.
First job is to attach the multi meter to the power wires and see if battery voltage is available at all at the light, but only if you are determined to open things up.
My advice would be to install a (rechargeable) battery front light, that can be used directly, and as some e-bikes simply drop power when the battery is considered as being empty (even at night!), it is not a waste of money.
regards
Andy

Mars

Pedelecer
May 24, 2020
Buy a cheap light from poundland for £2 including battery until Volt fix the issue when things are more normal?

You won't risk invalidating your warranty by trying to fix the issue yourself.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Buy a cheap light from poundland for £2 including battery until Volt fix the issue when things are more normal?

You won't risk invalidating your warranty by trying to fix the issue yourself.
I mostly agree, but in my case, I bought reasonably priced LED lights, with rechargeable batteries, that I am still using over 5 years later, and they are still as bright and focused as the bike's original lighting, if not better.....
I have forgotten what I paid, but they were not expensive, and have proved their usefulness many times on very dark/rainy winter nights.....
Its not money wasted, and sometimes, even my Scottish blood needs more quality.....
Have a great day.
Andy