Volt Pulse how do I get a higher cut off speed?

Davem6vid

Just Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Hi, I have changed jobs meaning that my commute is now off road and would like to get there that bit faster. Simply, how do I programme my controller or do I have to purchase an after market controller to break free of the bikes 15.5mph cut off?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

Do a search. There was a thread about a month ago on how to do it.

Davem6vid

Just Joined
Jun 29, 2015
This might be the thread, but, annoyingly, the guy didn't let us know if it worked. Please try it and let us know.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/is-it-possible-to-derestrict-volt-bikes.20422/
Yes thanks I found the thread and looked through. Followed your recommendations with no success but I found a very small hole on the back of the lcd unit which looks like a reset doofer. Tried to use a hex key with no success. I have a jewellers magnifier and plan to have a look to see if there is actually a switch at the bottom.

D

Deleted member 4366

You know that you have to do that procedure within a few seconds of switching on?

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
If you have a older Volt like me with the generic LCD screen then it is possible to
Programme up to 37kph, However if you have the newer V wave LCD the standard way of holding down the menu button until you see a sub screen does not work.