Vulcan Carrera espec

FLOD1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2017
North Tyneside
Hi all. New fella here. Just got the above from Halfords the other week (imaginative, I know). Using it for a lengthy commute (10 miles) and my knees ain't what they were. Always used a bike to get about but I was never out to set records. Just needed decent local transport.

Have to say thay so far I'm really happy with the bike but the route I have to use to work is very 'urban' with all the associated broken glass left over from the little darlings big night out. I have thought of replacing the tyres with punture proof tyres but I have been told it will really affect the speed/distance I will get out of my shiny new toy.

Has anyone put punture proof tyres on an ebike and noticed a big change for the worst? If I have to keep on dodging the shrapnel so be it but I would like to do something about it if I can. Not at the expense of the bikes performance though. Cheers F

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 4366

I have thought of replacing the tyres with punture proof tyres but I have been told it will really affect the speed/distance I will get out of my shiny new toy.

Has anyone put punture proof tyres on an ebike and noticed a big change for the worst? If I have to keep on dodging the shrapnel so be it but I would like to do something about it if I can. Not at the expense of the bikes performance though. Cheers F
They make virtually no difference to anything other than puncture resistance. Whoever told you that hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.

FLOD1

Jul 9, 2017
North Tyneside
Better and better. The gent before posted a product which would be good to fix a puncture by the road side. Way quicker than a patch. If it can be avoided altogether though then that's what I'm after. The performance of the bike was my worry. Cheers F

D

Deleted member 4366

Puncture proof tyres is the only thing that works. Don't waste your time with slime, tubeless, liners, puncture proof tubes or any other patent remedies.

FLOD1

Jul 9, 2017
North Tyneside
It's nice to have so much advice so soon. Thanks all. Now all I need is for BMW drivers to learn to indicate and my commute will be worry free! F

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

FLOD1

Jul 9, 2017
North Tyneside
Good for you amigo. I hope I have the same luck. But I'm not joking about the glass round our way. The phrase 'heavily strewn' is absolutely appropriate at times. Just wanting to head off trouble at the pass if you catch my drift. F

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this is what i use

FLOD1

Jul 9, 2017
North Tyneside
Ok bud. Thanks for all the info. Suspectay be a regular on here. Gotta go now though. Up and pedalling at 04:50! Cheers again F