Vulcan E bike owner ( I know)

SPG Mechanicus

Just Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Kent
Morning all hope all's well
Currently own a 2020 spec Vulcan E
Second hand prior owner had done somthing of 250k on the thing ( ikr)

Got most of the items replaced for new before I bought .

Currently wondering is there anything I should know user wise to improve or aid things? Waiting a new Main crank assembly ( September 2020 ordered...) But told parts are on back order and waiting delivery. Also just lost the key to the lock...so that's something

Also wondering about How easy it is for de restricting and what lock can fit the frame to replace mine or if somone is skilled in key cutting/ lock manipulation

Cheers
Cal

Attachments

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Also just lost the key to the lock...so that's something
Those batteries come new with 4 keys. If you've lost them all, you'll have to drill it, because the maker doesn't do spares.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
I'm probably misinterpreting the picture but that Cradle/Battery looks like the type fitted to the earlier Vengeance models? (If not just ignore me).

If so, battery removal without damaging anything even with no key isn't difficult. Once done you can strip the lock housing down, remove the lock and take it to a locksmith. Let them find a blank which fits the lock and then wait until you get home, insert the key and file the tabs flush with the lock body. Then use the blank as the key as normal. (Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, it works).

TTFN
John.