W011 woes

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
My bike has let me down for the first time in the best part of three years yesterday. W011 (Shimano E6010 - can't detect travel speed) came up out of the blue and won't leave me alone. Six miles without any power was good exercise. Thought it might have been the dongle, but it's still doing it with the dongle removed. In a moment of power it just had me doing 88mph when I was maybe doing 4mph coming out of my garage, so something's awry :(

Nothing happened, nothing's damaged as far as I can see, and it came on mid ride while I was minding my own business. Blowed if I know and it's outside my level of understanding so it's off to ye olde bike shoppe for diagnosis and surgery.

Gaz
Frustrated e-biker

John5001

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2014
The sensor is most likely the culprit. Clean and make sure its positioned OK. The next thing I would check tis the display / controller.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Thanks Chaps :)

I'd checked the spoke magnet, and sensor (sans dongle), but to no avail.

Resigned to the ignominy of riding it to work without power, and then to the bike shop, I noticed it was registering speed and didn't trigger a W011, so I powered it up. And it of course behaved flawlessly, both to work and the bike shop (bike shop said they really love intermittent faults :rolleyes:).

It's being looked at tomorrow. I'll post up anything interesting found.

Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Check for a dirty connector in the drive unit too.
'fraid I don't trust myself fiddling around in there - no doubt it's a good suggestion though, ta :)

Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Diagnostics completed, no faults found and unable to replicate (bike could be VAG!). Firmware updated.

Bike's completely back to normal. Must've been sulking about something - maybe my drooling over an R&M Supercharger HS :rolleyes:

Gaz

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sounds like you hit a raw nerve with it because of your drooling.