Want to convert my Scott Genius 26"

zalle

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
Portugal
Hi guys, I've done my introductory topic, and spoke about this in there, but THEN I found the MTB part of the forum.

So my idea is to convert my Scott Genius 30 (carbon). It's a really good bike, but the engine (me) is not so good :)

Can you help me out? Where do I start looking? I'm based in Portugal, so I prefer EU shops to get my parts.

My bike is the same as this one:

Thanks for any help

Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Crank drive Bafang BBS01 250W or 350w with the programming cable and some software changes you will be surprised how much better it will perform. Though battery placement might be an issue so a small purpose made lion cell pack in a saddle bag might be the way to go, depends how far you want to go.

Reactions: LeighPing

walidd

Just Joined
Nov 9, 2020
Though battery placement might be an issue so a small purpose made lion cell pack in a saddle bag might be the way to go, depends how far you want to go.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Sure you wouldnt be better selling it and putting the funds towards a mid motor embt, of which there are plenty very nice capable bikes. Focus Jam 6.8, or even 6.9 ?

As is you're pretty limited to a bolt on mid drive, and you've got the added problem of finding somewhere to fit the battery.
hub drive rear will throw your sus out the window, and front hub motor will ruin your forks.
Plus you want to do that because you're really happy with it as it is, add those bits the ride will certainly be different, and that could lead you to not enjoying it or getting the ride you remember.
Whilst not a huge weight you are adding, it is a fair bit all the same. Which itself is going to affect the ride.

Related Articles

Advertisers