WANTED: Controller for Aprilia Enjoy

tesco

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 10, 2007
Tried everywhere to get one of these but cant find one, can anyone help me please?

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
hi tesco please don't feel your being ignored, i for one had a spare hour last night and tried every obscure search description i could come up with to google, as i am sure you have.
all to no avail ime sorry to say.
the aprilias seem to be on sale in Australia unless its out of date web pages perhaps some one from that country could give you a link, i hope you manage to get one apart from the waste if you don't i have always thought they where a very nice style of bike.
mike

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
Hi Tesco,

If your having no luck finding one then I'm sure we'll be able to find another controller that will work. Looks like a cool bike (from google pics)

tesco

Mar 10, 2007
Still looking

Just cant seem to find anyone that sells pedlec controllers. I went to my local Aprilia dealer and was told that Aprilia factory dont have them, and if they did they would cosr £350.00. Looking for advice on where to find any pelelec controller, searched the web but cant find anywhere.

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
I don't know that much about pedelec controllers and how they might work with different bikes. controllers that work on from a simple throttle and pretty straightforward and there's a quite a lot avaiable on the net that will work with virutually all motors and bikes. would you be happy with this kind of setup or are you dead set on a pedelec system?

tesco

Mar 10, 2007
Found one that I think would do

Found one that I think would do but I would loose the pedelec functions, would like to keep them if possible. nyway this is the one I found:
24 V Controller (Model YK42-2) Yi-Yun Brand Controller
Electrical Parts - 101188
Shipping Weight: 1.0 lbs.

This controller has 3 connectors.

Rated Voltage 24 Volts.
Max Current 30 Amps.
Usable Motors: Up to 500 Watts.
From here: TNC Scooters (Scooter Sales and Service)
Thanks

The Sei

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2007
The Netherlands
curious

Hi Tesco,

Did you use the controller that was mentioned, or did you have another solution?
I would like to know, for last week I bought an Aprilia and today I discovered that I need to replace the controller. I checked everything following the manual and the battery, motor and switches are all o.k., so the final option is a dead controller.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To The Sei

That was the last post seen from Tesco, many months ago now. You can leave a Private Message for him on the link I give below. If that doesn't get an answer, click email, and even though that's blocked, the Administrator may be able to forward a message.

Contact

silversurfer

Pedelecer
Jun 15, 2007
controllers

Hi The Sei, I'm a retired engineer, new to electric bikes and trying to teach myself/learn about electric bikes. I know nothing about the electronics of controllers but I would suspect if the voltage / amps and number of wires going in/ out are the same they may be swopable with other makes. However, flecc's imput on this idea is advised.
As an aside, I recently picked up two 'dead' 24 volt 'scooters' at a car boot sale for £10.00. both had totally dead sla batteries.But with a couple of spare batteries I got one running, (but would'nt pull skin of rice pudding!) The other would not work at all, However I could run the motor up if I powered it direct with 24v. So, what I am suggesting is if you are desparate you may, with appropriate advice here, be able to caniblise bits from elswhere. Anyway, thats my 'two pence' of input !!! silversurfer

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Aprilia

Hi, I have an Aprilia enjoy (sport) but is is a waste of time. I can't get it to go more than six miles on a battery charge and I have two new batteries (three in total). I don't know if the controller is working properly but I don't use the bike at the moment. Was thinking of trying to simplify the electronics to use again but am open to offers as I also have a Powabyke and Ezee Forza.

Conal

otto

Just Joined
Oct 9, 2008
arnhem holland
www.myc5.nl
aprilia controller

I just found this old item but may be I can be of any help
I just rebuild my Aprilia with a YK42-2 controller
works fine
how
look into MyC5.nl under aprilia and you will find a compleet description how to mutate

Last edited: