Wanted Wanted : Yosepower 36v, 350w, 26" Rear, Cassette Hub Motor (just motor or complete 26" wheel)

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I have a motor internal, however my side plate is freewheel and these were sent by YOSE cs to replace the original I purchased, as they were as I deemed, faulty... This was either the motor at fault or the controller I never did get to figure which was at fault YOSE said motor I later discovered the controller wasn't great either... I have two without wheel, both freewheel side plates - If you would like to try them I could send one via hermes approx cost which I would ask you to bear(just P&P) £10-15 then remove the internal motor and swap it with your worn internal, plug it in and see if it works and if it does and you are happy send me a few quid/donation to my next project, if not then nothing gained nothing lost and there's another for you to try at the cost of P&P if you want too... I have given up on rear hubs from YOSE.

These motors did work but I had slight cutting issues from standstill, a very quick click off then power would return and I did see this later with another motor which worked fine on another controller until the rim cracked... I did sell that one to Jammy another forum member.

Either way they are yours to try if you are willing to fork out for P&P.35668

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi PC2017,

first of all a massive thank you for your offer, very generous of you. since yesterday, and a blast on my bbs01 powered hybrid, I've had a rethink on the yosepower hub. I realised just how weak they are off road, so I'm gonna go the same route for my mtb as I have for the hybrid, crank drive and save any money and time towards that.
In the meantime, have ordered some smart sam plus tyres for the hybrid to help with the trails now we have nice weather.
Thanks again for your offer. You are a credit to the forum, and have given some great advice and comments, particularly in the yosepower thread
Cheers
Paul

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Thank you, good sir - The offer stands if you change your mind - I too found the rear kit to be less effective on gravel and canal paths and I am now enjoying the less appreciated front hub - better weight distribution throughout the entire bike and even though I am running 250w 36v on a 48v battery I still get somewhat better handling apart from really loose gravel, it now feels like the 350w front hub I started with all years ago - next project a new donor bike, hydraulic brakes all round and better suspension and a new front hub if this one dies.

Reactions: flash

James Torr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 3, 2018
Weirdly enough this same thing happened to me yesterday (commented on your Yt video PC2017) - been running it on some gravel the last few weeks so could be some loose wiring. Gonna have a play around with all the fittings - see what Yosepower themselves think.

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
commented on your Yt video PC2017)
I can not seem to find your comment, I assume you are referring to the cutting out of power intermittently for a split second, if so was your controller hot? I now believe my original motor was not at fault but the controller was.