Warning! Some members may find the contents of this thread disturbing or upsetting

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
Whilst riding I've been getting very sweaty in the gentleman's groin department. This is uncomfortable at best, occasionally becoming very uncomfortable indeed.

I've tried tight lycra shorts to little effect (except my children laugh at me, and my teenage step-daughter can hardly bring herself to look even vaguely in my direction :eek:).

I've got some nylon running shorts which aren't great either.

I've briefly considered cycling au naturel, but I'm uncertain as to whether the local constabulary might not take a dim view of this, even though it seems perfectly reasonable to me under the circumstances.

When I take the bike to work I'm cycling for a little over an hour each way, and I'm cycling pretty hard to get me up and down those hills and into work in reasonable time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Elaphants

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Some years ago I had a flat to rent in my house in Bristol, one tennant was a professional cyclist. He always wore two pair of SILK knickers for a race, and used nylon to train in,because of the cost (silk was much dearer then, and expensive for him because of the size)

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
You could always opt for some ventilation, such as that provided by the sort of open crotch underwear that is commonly worn by young children in China.

Mind you, you'd have to take care that the "crown jewels" don't fall out of the gap. Brings a whole new meaning to that oft-heard phrase, "mind the gap".........

Jeremy

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23
Sweaty Bits

When I was golfing, 2 rounds on a hot day, some of the older guys used to swear by the use of some talc powder. Worth a try?

danieldrough

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2007
Devon
Dear Ella Pants

I too have experienced similar discomfort. Wearing appropriate clothing is essential. Cotton or merino wool,with fully breathable outer garments will help to release sweat. It is possible to buy underpants which perform the same function as "wicking" tops. Karrimor for example produce a range in "Polartec" which I have found to be comfortable and efficacious.

Yours

Dry bum

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
It is possible to buy underpants which perform the same function as "wicking" tops. Karrimor for example produce a range in "Polartec" which I have found to be comfortable and efficacious.
I can't find anyone selling Polartec pants other than a lot of US site who want to sell me trousers not pants - (its that old language problem again :rolleyes:).

Do you think these lovely Helly Hansen pants would do the trick?

Regards,

Elephants

Carol

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2008
Sorry to be of no help but you did make me smile:D Carol.

Advertisers