Wear Yellow Jacket for SAFETY......? and get assaulted or Jailed!

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
We now have a ‘reversed situation’ where one-time yellow safety vest wearing could easily lead to being wrongly accused of anti-Semitic behaviour and the like, so what should we do?
Stay indoors?

Jim

Last edited:

gbb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2019
Ignore it, it's stupid PC gone mad. Too many folk are too easy to offend and by even considering not wearing, you're pandering to it and giving it credence.
If, the big IF, someone says anything, tell em to do one and stop being stupid.

If some nutjobs in France wears trousers and offends someone, would you stop wearing trousers ? :D
Not aimed at anyone in particular, just my thoughts in general ;)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

gbb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2019
Just Google 'yellow vest jewish'...theres plenty on there.
Not that I'd heard a jot about it all until OPs post, it seems isolated to some nutjobs in France.

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
Wear HiViz orange if it bothers you. May get mistaken for the postman though, especially if wearing shorts in the depths of winter.
Orange is for working rail side on the railways - avoid those pesky lorries and peddle down the local railway track instead!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just Google 'yellow vest jewish'...theres plenty on there.
Not that I'd heard a jot about it all until OPs post, it seems isolated to some nutjobs in France.
Dangerous fanatical fascists is a better description. Tiny minority making lots of noise but they are following Goebbel's handbook to the letter. Several of them have been locked up in the past and it looks like a few will be going back to jail in the very near future for hate speech.

While on the subject of high viz vest people, the "movement" has 52% of negative opinion now against 60% positive opinion a few weeks ago. 40% of the high viz clique believe in conspiracy theories and fake news, family meals not much fun at the moment (I have an allergy to lies...). These people seem to be very easy to manipulate and that is kind of worrying. It is very hard to find a group of 5 or more who agree on what the "movement" is about. Yesterday a journalist went to the banlieue to interview people why they weren't participating on Saturdays seeing that they fit the struggling to get by category: "With my face I'd be locked up immediately after getting off the metro" was one reply...

Reactions: flecc

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
There are other options for Hi-Viz -- blue and red being the most common, but I'd not worry about it too much. Anyone seeing you wearing a yellow Hi-Viz vest on an expensive electric bike will naturally assume you're a rich Jewish banker, or media mogul. Enjoy the celebrity.

Reactions: gbb