Weight limit

Louy-Lou

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2017
Hinckley
Hi all. A couple of years ago I suffered from massive blood clots in my lungs. As a non driver and with very damaged lungs I found myself unable to get to work. So to cut a long story I bought a cheap second hand electric bike. However, I underestimated my recovery time and how it would affect me mentally. I have gained a lot of weight but now feel I could start using my bike. Unfortunately, I'm now about 3 stone over the recommended max user weight. So, my question is, is the user weight more to do with the electric side of things. My work is 1 mile from my house and completely flat. So a maximum of 2 miles a day and I could pedal gently. Am I just going to completely knacker my bike?? Sorry for the ramble. Any advice would be much appreciated.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
depends what sort of bike it is but 3 stone over and a flat ride it should be fine just dont try any back flips of a 6ft high wall :p

Reactions: Louy-Lou

Louy-Lou

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2017
Hinckley
Thanks for replying. I have a Wayfarer folding bike. Twist and go kind. And I definitely have no intentions of doing any kind of acrobatics for quite some time

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the wheels will go first but a bike frame will be well over spec waight limit wise.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Also wouldn't worry about the weight with what your doing
Enjoy your biking

Reactions: Louy-Lou