Weird display behaviour on my Giant DIRT-E+ 1 PRO

StuckintheSpokes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2019
My 2018 Giant DIRT-E+ 1 PRO was charging like normal. I charged to 100% and turned the display on and off to check the %. The display came on without touching a button, so I turned it off, and went to bed. I got up, and the battery had discharged to 93% overnight, and the display was back on. So I turned the display off. Decided to turn it on again, and it would not turn on. Took the battery off, put it back on again, and the display comes on. Turned it off again, and the display won’t come on. Repeated the on/off battery technique, still works that way. What is going on?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Take it to the dealer for repair under warranty, sounds like a display fault and it also sounds like it is drawing low power when supposedly off.
The systems on these OEM bikes are closed so not a lot you can do rectify it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The system draws about 4W when the display is on.
If the display comes on by itself, it's faulty or the switch is faulty. Also have a look at any connections and check that the cable isn't damaged.

Water in the display will cause that fault. Did you ride it in the rain on your last ride?

StuckintheSpokes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2019
The system draws about 4W when the display is on.
If the display comes on by itself, it's faulty or the switch is faulty. Also have a look at any connections and check that the cable isn't damaged.

Water in the display will cause that fault. Did you ride it in the rain on your last ride?
Yeah in sleet actually. It’s rectified itself, so will stick silicone grease on the connectors.

Advertisers